If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
FGCU was 1-10 against D1 competition going into ASUN play, and Fly's seat looked to be pretty hot. Their 4-4 start in conference may have cooled things down just a bit, but despite their efforts to cling to the moniker, this team is no longer Dunk City.
By LUDad
Is it just my tv or does LU's uniforms have a yellow tint?
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I haven't done a great job at promoting it, but the live chat is available. The flu has hit my house so I will only be watching off and on.

bbchat/index.html
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Uniforms are some type of throwback ones. They are a beige color.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Let the record show that Ballcoach actually bought his own ticket today. With the senior and military discount, he got in for $7.00, and since he went to both games, that is $3.50 per game!
ballcoach15 liked this
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Happy to see Kyle Rode make a couple of shots. If he is at full strength again, we have an 8 man rotation that can get the job done.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
4,413 at game against a bad team. We need a bigger boat!
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Chippy wrote: February 2nd, 2020, 3:09 pm 4,413 at game against a bad team. We need a bigger boat!
Glad to see the fans are coming to see the team, but our new boat will be just fine. 4413 was half empty. Give me a packed house of 4000 every time.
Ill flame liked this
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
oldflame wrote: February 2nd, 2020, 3:35 pm
Chippy wrote: February 2nd, 2020, 3:09 pm 4,413 at game against a bad team. We need a bigger boat!
Glad to see the fans are coming to see the team, but our new boat will be just fine. 4413 was half empty. Give me a packed house of 4000 every time.
What about the 8,000 who were at the Radford game? Our average attendance is over 4K and that factors in the 2 games against St Mattress of the Springs and Little Sisters of the Poor and Disheartened. There seems to be a lot of folks from the community showing up with their familes similar to FB. While I like the idea of "The Cage" (UMASS), that sat @4K when Dr. J. and Rick Pittino played, I would have liked it to be @ 5-6K seats similar to Winthrop Coliseum.
ballcoach15 liked this
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
Chippy wrote: February 2nd, 2020, 3:49 pm
oldflame wrote: February 2nd, 2020, 3:35 pm
What about the 8,000 who were at the Radford game? Our average attendance is over 4K and that factors in the 2 games against St Mattress of the Springs and Little Sisters of the Poor and Disheartened. There seems to be a lot of folks from the community showing up with their familes similar to FB. While I like the idea of "The Cage" (UMASS), that sat @4K when Dr. J. and Rick Pittino played, I would have liked it to be @ 5-6K seats similar to Winthrop Coliseum.
Not crying over spilled milk, but I do think a larger number, maybe 5500 to 6000 would have been better. they could have been creative and made some of those seats unavailable during games like some of the newer arenas do. I sure way to keep the community from getting engaged is limiting the attendance possibilities.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I haven't seen it anywhere recently but I thought I remember reading something about it being expandable to 5,000. Did I just imagine that?
Purple Haize liked this
By Ill flame
thepostman wrote: February 2nd, 2020, 6:28 pm I haven't seen it anywhere recently but I thought I remember reading something about it being expandable to 5,000. Did I just imagine that?
I was under the impression that the capacity was going to be 4,500. Unless that's including standing room only.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: February 2nd, 2020, 6:28 pm I haven't seen it anywhere recently but I thought I remember reading something about it being expandable to 5,000. Did I just imagine that?
I’m with you. I thought originally it was either going to be something like what Buck Rogers said or it was going to have to ability for expanded capacity as needed.
By Class of 20Something
Its hard to imagine there haven’t been conversations about alternative seating capabilities.

That flames nation app for students will clearly be part of selection next year.
Some statistics

Of our 6 returning starters, only Roupe is hitting[…]

I'm not sure why anyone thought online would eve[…]

Longwood

Did you make the trip to Farmville?

G5 Playoff Only

We DO NOT want this. This is Division 1AA all ove[…]