If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By rhezick
Registration Days Posts
Just picked up a family 4 pack of gen admin tickets through work for $20 for Saturday night's game against FGCU. First time in 7 years we've attended a game (despite the fact that yes, we're local). 8 years ago was obviously a different story than today. Is the arena usually full? Do you just park in the parking garage/how early do you normally arrive? Any other tips to make this as enjoyable as possible for me, my wife and our 10/7 year olds?
By Class of 20Something
Park in the parking garage. Don't go in by softball take the bottom entrance. There will always be spaces down there. We will return to this post game.

The bus picks up next to the bottom entrance. It's the first stop after drop off and is never already full.

On the bus, put your keys, wallet, phone, what not in your clear bag.

The bus will drop off between Vines and Business. Once you walk up the stairs, go right. The student entrance is on the left.

Pass security the clear bag, walk through the mags, and enjoy.

The only open concessions are on the "top" side of the court being the suites. Going clockwise once inside is the fastest way there.

Enjoy the game.

When the game is over, leave the same way you entered, the bus will pick you up and the first stop is your parking garage. Get in your car and drive home easy because the 2,3,4, and roof of the garage all use the softball side exit. You only have to compete with the folks on the bottom floor.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
That's a GENIUS idea about parking on the ground floor of the garage, taking the shuttle bus, and putting all your metal stuff if a clear bag.
By Class of 20Something
Cider Jim wrote: January 31st, 2020, 4:45 pm That's a GENIUS idea about parking on the ground floor of the garage, taking the shuttle bus, and putting all your metal stuff if a clear bag.
Do it enough times with a three year old and you figure out where the corners can be cut.

It's like dumping your pockets into your carry-on at the airport. Easiest TSA ever.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: January 31st, 2020, 4:15 pm I don’t understand anything in the last post.

I’m not fully convinced I actually attended this campus.
I felt the same way reading that.

I haven't attended a basketball game in Lynchburg since Feb 2009. A lot changes in 11 years I guess.
By rhezick
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote: January 31st, 2020, 3:27 pm Park in the parking garage. Don't go in by softball take the bottom entrance. There will always be spaces down there. We will return to this post game.

The bus picks up next to the bottom entrance. It's the first stop after drop off and is never already full.

The bus will drop off between Vines and Business. Once you walk up the stairs, go right. The student entrance is on the left.

The only open concessions are on the "top" side of the court being the suites. Going clockwise once inside is the fastest way there.

Enjoy the game.

When the game is over, leave the same way you entered, the bus will pick you up and the first stop is your parking garage. Get in your car and drive home easy because the 2,3,4, and roof of the garage all use the softball side exit. You only have to compete with the folks on the bottom floor.
Genius, thank you! Generally are the games packed? Just curious how early you get there. Games at 7, so we were thinking of getting to the parking garage at 630?
By Class of 20Something
rhezick wrote: February 1st, 2020, 4:53 pm
Class of 20Something wrote: January 31st, 2020, 3:27 pm Park in the parking garage. Don't go in by softball take the bottom entrance. There will always be spaces down there. We will return to this post game.

Enjoy the game.

Genius, thank you! Generally are the games packed? Just curious how early you get there. Games at 7, so we were thinking of getting to the parking garage at 630?
Perfection. Weekend game. I’d expect about 5ktonight. 630 would be fine.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
rhezick wrote: February 1st, 2020, 4:53 pm Generally are the games packed?
The games haven't been packed since VT stopped scheduling us. That's why were are building a 4,000 seat arena.
Last edited by Cider Jim on February 1st, 2020, 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
rhezick wrote: February 1st, 2020, 7:55 pm Thanks for the tips. We ended up leaving the house at 615, butts in seats at 645. Seems a little sparse but it could be the vines effect. Maybe 3k? We didn't bother with the shuttle and walked. Worked out well to burn the energy of our two boys. Looking forward to this!
We will be expecting live updates
thepostman liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Announced attendane was 4,400 and change, which would have been a sell out crowd in the new Liberty Arena. :shock:
By jimflamesfan
Registration Days Posts
Where is this bottom entrance to the parking garage? I normally come thru the tunnel under wards and turn right. Then I get into the garage near the softball fields and it is a nightmare getting out. How do you get to the bottom level entrance?
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Just drive maybe 50 more yards, and you'll see a left turning lane which is the entrance to the middle of the parking garage, just before the bus stop.

If the new players picks up on the pack line defen[…]

Longwood

Liberty wins 9-3. Roupe 2 homers, 4 RBI. Jesse hom[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

Aaron Judge is killing me right now. 6 starte[…]

Just remember that fine academic institution, Loui[…]