If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Obviously, the primary objective needs to be to get back on a winning track, whether it's pretty or ugly, but I'm really hoping that we can put the Owls away early and get some minutes for Preston and Price as well as more than the usual quota for Shiloh. Unless everyone concerned feels Rode is 100%, I say sit him til he is. Of course every game is important, but with an at large no longer a reasonable expectation, it's all about being in the best possible position to win the ASUN tournament.
flamehunter liked this
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Probably means nothing, but I personally am hoping there is some significance to the fact that the promo tweet sent out by our MBB team for tonight's game featured Blake Preston.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
With Rode getting 2 fouls early Ritchie goes to his 9th man and it's the walk-on Colton Reed.
By Risewithus
ballcoach15 wrote: January 30th, 2020, 8:27 pm Looks as if we are still struggling on offense. 16 points in 10 minutes.
Settle for 3 pointers too often. It's the lowest percentage shot in basketball. Best in the world is only hitting 43% success rate. Get to the basket until they stop it. That will open up the open looks from 3.
By Ill flame
oldflame wrote: January 30th, 2020, 8:24 pm With Rode getting 2 fouls early Ritchie goes to his 9th man and it's the walk-on Colton Reed.
We really need to add some serious depth if we wanna take that next step forward as a program.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
These are the little things that sets RM apart from your average coach. He really does a good job sensing things with this team and I really appreciate that.

This is why it is important to analyze the game past just the stat book. I good coach will understand the different personalities of his team and be able to react to those things. This is also true of good leaders in any line of work.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: January 31st, 2020, 2:32 pm These are the little things that sets RM apart from your average coach. He really does a good job sensing things with this team and I really appreciate that.

This is why it is important to analyze the game past just the stat book. I good coach will understand the different personalities of his team and be able to react to those things. This is also true of good leaders in any line of work.
Absolutely. As I said these are the dog days of the season. Going over the same plays you’ve been going over since October can get you flat.
This is the type of thing you need to do as a coach. Despite what some on here say is just psychological crap. Ha
Uh… You guys like reading?

I like biographies, books about finance and human […]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

Were not done https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/s[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

I think we should do whatever Tech and UVA do as[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]