If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Geraldos Mustache
This is where a good coach like McKay needs to manufacture and additional measure of urgency to insure the team doesn't become complacent and get caught.
By Dalegarz1
Against Lipscomb we doubled the post every time the ball went in and that left the 3-point shooters (they had two of them) open and that hurt us. It's the risk reward of the double team. When it happens, the other 3 defensive players have to rotate quickly and close out on the shooters. I'll be very interested how we scheme defensively in this game.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Dalegarz1 wrote: January 23rd, 2020, 1:52 pm Against Lipscomb we doubled the post every time the ball went in and that left the 3-point shooters (they had two of them) open and that hurt us. It's the risk reward of the double team. When it happens, the other 3 defensive players have to rotate quickly and close out on the shooters. I'll be very interested how we scheme defensively in this game.
N Florida doesn't have a beast like Asadullah in the post, so I doubt we will be doing that.
By Class of 20Something
Dalegarz1 wrote: January 23rd, 2020, 1:52 pm Against Lipscomb we doubled the post every time the ball went in and that left the 3-point shooters (they had two of them) open and that hurt us. It's the risk reward of the double team. When it happens, the other 3 defensive players have to rotate quickly and close out on the shooters. I'll be very interested how we scheme defensively in this game.
You should take a class in Packline. This is literally why we only have one loss.

https://www.coachesclipboard.net/Basket ... fense.html

Once you understand it you can spot it. UVA, SDSU, Michigan State, Xavier.
By LUDad
oldflame wrote: January 23rd, 2020, 2:57 pm
N Florida doesn't have a beast like Asadullah in the post, so I doubt we will be doing that.
I watched their game against Syracuse and they were simply bombs away from 3 point land. We will have to cover the perimeter. If they make high percentage of 3's they will be hard to beat. If they can't stick them, it could be a blowout.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Left a minimum of 8 points off the board because guys refuse to use the backboard at point blank range. Sorry, I just don't understand it.
Is there some type of stigma about using the backboard that has sprung up in the last several years? Play Basketball Play Basketball
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
3 keys

Refs calling everything.
They have shooting to beat the pack
Our ft shooting decline is just unexplainable. Really only trust georgie and darius. Scottie and homesley are 50 percent at best. Gotta improve
LU 57 liked this
By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
We really going to lose to these guys?... still 6 mins but come on
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
Had to turn that trash off. We aren't playing well and UNF has our number tonight.
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
Absolutely pitiful. I hope this week has been a reality check.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Sleep walking for several weeks now and it caught up tonight. Very uninspiring performance. Absolutely nothing from myo rode or cuffee. Defense was totally non existant. They did have a run there earlier in the half where they made 3 or 4 deep hotly contested shots in a row.

Tough to win with these long stretches without scoring.

Mcghee has been the lone bright spot. Best game of his career.
Last edited by jinxy on January 23rd, 2020, 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LU 57 liked this
By Risewithus
Im at the game. Defense is terrible. Refs doing their part also by being terrible!!!!
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
GPO...it aint always pretty but you want the ball in his hands late in the clock. Just makes stuff happen. That mcghee missed ft looming large here
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
6 minute scoring drought. What is up with these guys? Hope we aren't this year's NIT team. It is just one game and they beat us last year, too so...
By Risewithus
Just talked to our local news sports guy and be sure to talk about these refs tonight. He laughed and said they bailed unf out tonight.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
One the top 2 or 3 worst end of game calls ive seen. Ticky tack fouls called all night both ways but more against us and the biggest one.

We didnt deserve to win for sleep walking through most of the game anyway.
By LU 57
Risewithus wrote: January 23rd, 2020, 9:56 pm Just talked to our local news sports guy and be sure to talk about these refs tonight. He laughed and said they bailed unf out tonight.
Should never have been close enough to matter. A lot of matador D.
Election 2022 and 2024

Professional protestors? Let me guess funded by […]

Uh… You guys like reading?

I try to alternate non-fiction with fiction and […]

Wondering if you have looked into catching the n[…]

Expect it when you least expect it. Studying it is[…]