If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Chris Lang
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: January 13th, 2020, 11:09 am On January 23, 1997 we hosted Virginia Tech in Vines Center. Attendance: 9,003

Source: Liberty University Men's Basketball Website
Student reporter Clang at the Collegiate Times was in the building for this one. If he only knew how many times he'd visit the Vines Center in the future ...
thepostman liked this
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: January 16th, 2020, 11:45 pm Lipscomb loses to NJIT 75-57 tonight.
Some crazy results in the ASUN recently. Not sure if this one is more about how weak Lipscomb is or how much better NJIT is than they looked against us. They also just beat N Florida, which would tend to indicate the latter.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
oldflame wrote: January 17th, 2020, 8:35 am
ballcoach15 wrote: January 16th, 2020, 7:06 pm My first LU basketball game. I got a parking ticket, for parking in a fire lane. But I beat it.
So years later you decide to post this on a public forum because????? You are proud of this?
Statute of Limitations have finally expired :D
ballcoach15 liked this
ballcoach15 wrote: January 17th, 2020, 2:02 pm Most everytime I park on campus, I feel as if I am sinning. Parking is too restrictive. Should be first come, first served parking.
Horrible idea. That’s why I pay what I pay for Flames Club. Parking Passes are a tangible asset
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: January 17th, 2020, 2:02 pm Most everytime I park on campus, I feel as if I am sinning.
Ballcoach, if you ever got wounded in your 20 years in the Army, LU has Purple Heart parking spot for you in front of DeMoss.
ballcoach15 wrote: January 17th, 2020, 9:51 pm
Cider Jim wrote: January 17th, 2020, 9:19 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: January 17th, 2020, 2:02 pm Most everytime I park on campus, I feel as if I am sinning.
Ballcoach, if you ever got wounded in your 20 years in the Army, LU has Purple Heart parking spot for you in front of DeMoss.
No, I never got wounded.
That hasn't stopped others from writing their own purple heart citation.

"ATTENTION TO ORDERS!"
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Vines Center Concessions are not FBS ready. Truth be known, they are not NAIA ready. It's ridiculous how slow lines move.
This is the only thing you’ve ever said on here that I agree with.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
How have the concession stands not gotten better over the years. Football has gotten marginally better but not by much. It really is a head scratcher.

Regardless, good win tonight. Teams continue to bring their "A" against us and our guys continue to respond. Lipscomb will not be down for long. Their underclassmen showed a lot of promise.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I stood in line probably 15-20 minutes for the Dippin' Dots ice cream, and when I got to the front of the line, they said they were OUT of the cookies & cream flavor! So I got their rainbow flavor instead for 6 bucks (regular size). It was pretty tasty, but if you ate it too fast you got a brain freeze.

All I saw Ballcoach buy was a bottle of Sprite. Ballcoach, you could have gotten that out of vending machine in like 10 seconds. Drink smarter, not harder. Study

At halftime, it was good seeing HF with some of his football players throwing out t-shirts to the fans. Coach Freeze thanked everyone who went down for the Cure Bowl, and he said he was ready to win another bowl game in 2020.

Good win, huge crowd on a cold, rainy night, but we didn't beat the spread of 15. Also, Ballcoach and TF got there early to get their pic with the Cure Bowl trophy! :oldhag :oldhag
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Just keeping winning. There will be some that arent pretty along the way but taking everybodys best shot and surviving it is nothing to ignore.

Gpo had one of those games he has every so often when we really need it. Light minutes for the frosh tonight. Felt like rmk felt like the vets would be needed to carry it home.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
All I saw Ballcoach buy was a bottle of Sprite. Ballcoach, you could have gotten that out of vending machine in like 10 seconds. Drink smarter, not harder. Study

At halftime, it was good seeing HF with some of his football players throwing out t-shirts to the fans. Coach Freeze thanked everyone who went down for the Cure Bowl, and he said he was ready to win another bowl game in 2020.

Good win, huge crowd on a cold, rainy night, but we didn't beat the spread of 15. Also, Ballcoach and TF got there early to get their pic with the Cure Bowl trophy! :oldhag :oldhag
[/quote]

I did not buy a bottle of Sprite. It was water. I don't drink Sprite.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: January 19th, 2020, 12:02 am
I did not buy a bottle of Sprite. It was water. I don't drink Sprite.
Ballcoach, next time get your bottled water out of the vending machine (or bring your canteen). :usa
ballcoach15 liked this
2024 Recruiting Discussion

I'm not a fan of Cleveland trying to play point gu[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

https://x.com/ChrisVannini/status/17825216333887[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

I bet those are a joy. Texas poltical ads are a […]

New Mexico State

1 change and a couple of tweaks. But we swung ba[…]