If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

The Ole Men's Club will be there in full force to coach them up! :oldhag :blahblah :oldhag
ballcoach15 liked this
Cider Jim wrote: January 8th, 2020, 9:24 am The Ole Men's Club will be there in full force to coach them up! :oldhag :blahblah :oldhag
If you think of it, check to see if Keegan McDowell is with the team on the sidelines. I'm curious to see if my theory about him not transferring til after this semester is right. He is still on the roster.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
We'll try, oldflame, but I don't know if anybody in our club has eye sight that good. :oldhag Maybe Ballcoach can bring his military issue binoculars. :shock:
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: January 8th, 2020, 10:06 am We'll try, oldflame, but I don't know if anybody in our club has eye sight that good. :oldhag Maybe Ballcoach can bring his military issue binoculars. :shock:
I thought the problem with most of us :oldhag was seeing close up, not far away. 8) After cataract surgery in both eyes, my distance vision is 20/20, but I need reading glasses for fine print. If Keegan still has his platinum blonde dye job, he shouldn't be too hard to spot.
By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
tyndal23 wrote: January 9th, 2020, 10:05 pm Good. We need to be coachable for next 60 days. Keep winning but keep grinding and staying humble. Blowouts are worthless in JAnuary.
Well one thing blowouts show is how far above and beyond you are of your conference foes. Unfortunately we are not blowing them all out. Does that mean we aren’t as good as we think, our style of play doesn’t lend itself to blowouts, or something else? That I don’t know the answer to.
Liberty22 wrote: January 9th, 2020, 10:16 pm
tyndal23 wrote: January 9th, 2020, 10:05 pm Good. We need to be coachable for next 60 days. Keep winning but keep grinding and staying humble. Blowouts are worthless in JAnuary.
Well one thing blowouts show is how far above and beyond you are of your conference foes. Unfortunately we are not blowing them all out. Does that mean we aren’t as good as we think, our style of play doesn’t lend itself to blowouts, or something else? That I don’t know the answer to.
Our style of play is a major factor. We're 17-1, and may not have trailed for a total of 40 minutes this season. Can anyone point me to finding this stat? My Google skills failed me.
Liberty22 liked this
We slept-walked a bit tonight. It seemed like when UNA made their run we were doing a lot of ISOs on the offensive end. I know defense is first with this team, but we go stretches of some really pretty offense. I wish we could stick to it more consistently.
tyndal23, Liberty22 liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
oldflame wrote: January 8th, 2020, 9:47 am
If you think of it, check to see if Keegan McDowell is with the team on the sidelines. I'm curious to see if my theory about him not transferring til after this semester is right. He is still on the roster.
Oldflame, McDowell was definitely there on the sidelines, as you predicted. He and two others were sitting on the baseline next to the bench and were wearing gray pants and navy polos.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: January 10th, 2020, 8:05 am
Oldflame, McDowell was definitely there on the sidelines, as you predicted. He and two others were sitting on the baseline next to the bench and were wearing gray pants and navy polos.
Thanks Cider. That pretty much confirms that he is looking to graduate this Spring and then transfer. I have a feeling he will be a graduate student at W&M next Fall. They currently have 2 scholarships available and his older brother Quinn is a semi-legend there.

Cannot overstate how unusual and extremely classy the way Ritchie has handled this situation is. I would estimate at least half of the coaches in D1 would have told Keegan to clean out his locker immediatly and not let the locker room door hit him in the a** on the way out.
Cider Jim wrote: January 10th, 2020, 8:05 am
I could be mistaken, but I did not see Keegan there. I asked a couple others who were also at the game, and they didn't see him either.
2024 Recruiting Discussion

I'm not a fan of Cleveland trying to play point gu[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

https://x.com/ChrisVannini/status/17825216333887[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

I bet those are a joy. Texas poltical ads are a […]

New Mexico State

1 change and a couple of tweaks. But we swung ba[…]