If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: January 5th, 2020, 11:22 am Post play is the most inefficient play in basketball so I’m good with that being a weakness. If we’re going to gave a weakness, I’d prefer it to be that.
Exactly. Ritchie has said publicly that he doesn't consider his "post" players to be any different than 3 of the other 4 positions (the exception being point guard). We need some players who are long and/or strong enough to guard opposing centers, but on offense, not so much. A shot blocker would be nice, but not at the expense of team defense. We are one of the NCAA leaders in opponent's FG % without one.
thepostman wrote: January 4th, 2020, 7:35 pm The conference is pretty bad but North Florida and maybe Lipscomb will be more competitive but we are so much better than the rest it the league. Our toughest opponent will ourselves and remaining focused.
Based on their 7 point loss to FGCU last night, we may be able to scratch Lipscomb off that very short list, but conference play is a very different situation because of familiarity. Unlike almost all off our non conference opponents, the ASUN teams have faced us at least twice in the past year, and should have advanced some on the learning curve involved in playing against the pack line. I do expect North Florida to be the biggest challenge. They are 9-8, but have played a really tough schedule including 3 top 20 teams, a couple of other P5s, plus Dayton and Creighton (all losses, most by double digits). Best win was probably against 9-6 GA Southern (80-77 at home).
Election 2022 and 2024

A congresswoman from a blue state gets you nothi[…]

Some statistics

Sometimes coaches will try to implement a philosop[…]

Just remember that fine academic institution,[…]

DOE Report

Gotta love presidential election season :roll: