If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
And now it doesn't seem quite as tough as it did at the beginning of the season. Still a middle of the road SEC team on the road is still a tough game. If we can shoot the ball like we did on Saturday then we shouldn't have any issues winning this game but shooting has been so inconsistent that there is no way to predict that.
LU 57, Liberty22, ATrain liked this
By A Sea of Red
Posts Custom
LU 57 wrote: December 23rd, 2019, 6:52 am Anyone know if the players are going home for Christmas before this one? Makes me a little nervous if they are.
Yes they did and will all meet in LA, same thing that happened last year against UCLA.
By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: December 23rd, 2019, 9:51 am And now it doesn't seem quite as tough as it did at the beginning of the season. Still a middle of the road SEC team on the road is still a tough game. If we can shoot the ball like we did on Saturday then we shouldn't have any issues winning this game but shooting has been so inconsistent that there is no way to predict that.
That’s really the key. If we come out and play like we did in the Vanderbilt game I think we lose this one but if we come out and play like we did against Akron than I think we win this one in a similar fashion. I know we closed Vanderbilt well but It would definitely be to our advantage to play like we did against Akron.
thepostman, ATrain liked this
By LU 57
A Sea of Red wrote: December 23rd, 2019, 7:37 pm
LU 57 wrote: December 23rd, 2019, 6:52 am Anyone know if the players are going home for Christmas before this one? Makes me a little nervous if they are.
Yes they did and will all meet in LA, same thing that happened last year against UCLA.
Well it worked out fine that time Play Basketball
thepostman, ATrain liked this
By LUOrange
A Sea of Red wrote: December 23rd, 2019, 7:37 pm
I think it's better this way. First off, it's not just a break, it's Christmas. Secondly, it's better to have let them spend some time with family, then to let them get distracted by wishing they we're able to.
LU 57 liked this
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: December 26th, 2019, 8:58 pm Maybe biggest ever considering where we could be ranked in the polls if we win!
This, and our odds to go undefeated will be decent if we win.

We probably won't go undefeated if we lose. :lol:

I mean, I can't think of a bigger regular season game. The only other one I can think of was UCLA, because they got us national attention.
ballcoach15 liked this
By LUOrange
Who knows if we'll get ranked. In 1998 the Women went undefeated until losing to undefeated TN in the first round, and they were never ranked. It seems like we will always have something to prove, and it may be better that ay.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
LUOrange wrote: December 27th, 2019, 2:32 am Who knows if we'll get ranked. In 1998 the Women went undefeated until losing to undefeated TN in the first round, and they were never ranked. It seems like we will always have something to prove, and it may be better that ay.
I will say that our men's team this year has gotten a lot more respect than what our women's team ever did.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote: December 27th, 2019, 10:00 am
LUOrange wrote: December 27th, 2019, 2:32 am Who knows if we'll get ranked. In 1998 the Women went undefeated until losing to undefeated TN in the first round, and they were never ranked. It seems like we will always have something to prove, and it may be better that ay.
I will say that our men's team this year has gotten a lot more respect than what our women's team ever did.
The 2005 Sweet 16 team finished in top 25. The good ol' days!
LUOrange liked this
By LUDad
An outlier game could catch us. For instance, North Flordia lives and dies by 3 point shots. They launched 46 3-pointers against Syracuse and hit 37% and were in the game all the way. We would have a harder controlling boards on defensive end on those longer rebounds. Game could get dicey if we don't play a good defensive game. If they don't connect on those shots, game would likely be a blowout.
2024 Recruiting Discussion

I'm not a fan of Cleveland trying to play point gu[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

https://x.com/ChrisVannini/status/17825216333887[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

I bet those are a joy. Texas poltical ads are a […]

New Mexico State

1 change and a couple of tweaks. But we swung ba[…]