If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Geraldos Mustache
Final
Liberty 66 - Towson 54

Nice 12 point victory.
Appears as though we were down 30-25 at the half.
Others on the board say LU was losing by double digits in 2nd half yet we end up winning by 12? That seems very odd. Did Towson have a total meltdown?

LU outscores Towson 41-24 in second half. Wow!

Not sure what to make of all of this. I like that we can play from behind and not lose composure. I'm not comfortable with being down double digits in the 2nd half. That is troubling.
By LUDad
Geraldos Mustache wrote: December 20th, 2019, 9:17 pm Final
Liberty 66 - Towson 54

Nice 12 point victory.
Appears as though we were down 30-25 at the half.
Others on the board say LU was losing by double digits in 2nd half yet we end up winning by 12? That seems very odd. Did Towson have a total meltdown?

LU outscores Towson 41-24 in second half. Wow!

Not sure what to make of all of this. I like that we can play from behind and not lose composure. I'm not comfortable with being down double digits in the 2nd half. That is troubling.
I mentioned that we were "close" to being down by double digits in the second half. We were down by 7 (32-25) around the 17-18 minute mark and Towson had ball and passed on a 3-point shot that would have put them up by 10. They ended up missing a lay-up that would have put them up by 9.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Up next: Akron - they're as good or maybe better than Vandy. Hopefully they keep taking care of business.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Akron didn't look very strong and barely beat a pretty bad Tulane team. With that said they very well could've had an off night and we aren't in any position to overlook anybody.
LU 57 liked this
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: December 21st, 2019, 12:19 am Akron didn't look very strong and barely beat a pretty bad Tulane team. With that said they very well could've had an off night and we aren't in any position to overlook anybody.
They are 9 - 2, with losses to WVU and #2 Louisville. They lost by 10 to WVU and 6 to Louisville. They can play.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Oh you're right which is why their play in the game yesterday was kind of surprising to me. They were lucky to win that game against a pretty bad Tulane team.

With that said, you could tell they were well coached and it should be an entertaining game this afternoon
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
It'll be telling to see how Akron feels at about 6 to 8 minutes left in the game. It is at that point where teams tend to get worn out. Our offense is so streaky that we will never pull away from a team early on.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
For the record, I wasn't looking down on Akron. They didn't play well against Tulane yesterday when I saw them. Obviously it was an off day or they were simply playing down to their competition. It was evident they were very well coached.
G5 Playoff Only

I would be OK with the top 2 G5 conference champio[…]

Some statistics

Of our 6 returning starters, only Roupe is hitting[…]

I'm not sure why anyone thought online would eve[…]

Longwood

Did you make the trip to Farmville?