If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By LUDad
oldflame wrote: March 10th, 2020, 1:18 pm The selection committee swears they don't consider "matchups" in making the bracket, and for the most part I believe them. Mississippi State was a good matchup for us because they were a turnover-prone team, not because they weren't talented and a legit 5 seed.
I think we can compete with most schools that we would be matched with exception of a school with long athletes like Auburn.
Purple Haize liked this
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: March 10th, 2020, 3:57 pm If anyone believes the Selection Committee, I have some prime beach front property in Morgantown, WV for sale. The committee considers matchups, regardless of what they say. They always cherry pick certain teams for easy tournament, and some for tough tournament.
Andy Katz (whoever he is) has LU projected as a 12 seed playing Auburn in Sacramento. I hope he's wrong.
Any kind of tangible proof or is this just mere opinion?

If so you should get in the practice of saying, "in my opinion...." before you say such things.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
In my opinion, With basketball, it's like a well known talk show host said about the football selection committee.

"They're not lying, but they ain't telling the truth either"

Politicans are no match for NCAA when it comes to spinning the truth.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
LUDad wrote: March 10th, 2020, 6:23 pm
oldflame wrote: March 10th, 2020, 1:18 pm The selection committee swears they don't consider "matchups" in making the bracket, and for the most part I believe them. Mississippi State was a good matchup for us because they were a turnover-prone team, not because they weren't talented and a legit 5 seed.
I think we can compete with most schools that we would be matched with exception of a school with long athletes like Auburn.
Or Mississippi State last year? 8)
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
oldflame wrote: March 10th, 2020, 7:48 pm
LUDad wrote: March 10th, 2020, 6:23 pm
Or Mississippi State last year? 8)
MIss St didn’t have athletes the level that Auburn does. I can see them in the Final 4 again
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
The team we beat last year didn't have a big man as good as Wiley of Auburn, but they rotated 3 long and athletic athletic 6'10-11" players at the 4 and 5.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
oldflame wrote: March 10th, 2020, 8:36 pm The team we beat last year didn't have a big man as good as Wiley of Auburn, but they rotated 3 long and athletic athletic 6'10-11" players at the 4 and 5.
This years Auburn team is much better than last years Miss St team.
By LUDad
oldflame wrote: March 10th, 2020, 8:36 pm The team we beat last year didn't have a big man as good as Wiley of Auburn, but they rotated 3 long and athletic athletic 6'10-11" players at the 4 and 5.
I'm thinking more in the line of 6'5" to 6'8" guys who are are athletic freaks who play 3 or 4" taller because of their wing span. Think cornbread maxwell.

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty worthl[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

Half of the ads are about how Bob Good is tough on[…]

G5 Playoff Only

I would be OK with the top 2 G5 conference champio[…]

Some statistics

Of our 6 returning starters, only Roupe is hitting[…]