If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Geraldos Mustache
Would love it if Liberty got a #10 seed in the NCAA. Fingers crossed.

How well we play Vanderbilt and LSU (currently ranked #23) will determine a lot.
The (pre-season) SEC power rankings rank LSU #3 and Vanderbilt #13 of 14 conference teams. This leads me to believe Vandy is a winnable game! Here's the link... https://vanderbilthustler.com/28136/unc ... k-at-last/

Being new to the board, y'all may have already chopped this up, but are there any projections on LU vs. Vandy? Who is the favorite in this matchup or is it too early to tell?
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Them, and everyone else on our schedule except LSU. Hard to believe we won't slip up a time or 2, but if we were actually able to make it that far undefeated, we might end up being favored in that one as well. LSU has games with ETSU and USC before they play us, and both of them are capable of an upset.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Geraldos Mustache wrote: December 4th, 2019, 2:42 pm LSU lost to VCU...
How good or bad is VCU?
Very good. 6-2 with both losses by 3 points to Tennessee and Purdue. Beat FGCU by 30.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: December 4th, 2019, 3:52 pm It's December 4th, way too early to be thinking about seeding.
Not if that's how you make your living,
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I guess that's true.

After January 1, I might have to start charging people, to tell them about the upcoming softball season. Study
By flamesfilmguy
Registration Days Posts
Bracketology this early is fun but means next to nothing. But man is it fun to be in the national discussion. I hope if we can beat LSU that we would be in the discussion for an at large even if disaster happened in the conference tourney. I'm not going to jinx us but the LSU game is big for a lot of reasons and I think we can swing it. but first #BeatTowson
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I don't know what Net Rankings are, but LU is listed as the top college basketball team in the state, ahead of UVa, Tech, ODU, and Richmond. :shock:
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: January 18th, 2020, 11:05 am I don't know what Net Rankings are, but LU is listed as the top college basketball team in the state, ahead of UVa, Tech, ODU, and Richmond. :shock:
NET rankings are a computer based rating system developed specifically for the NCAA to replace the RPI as a tool in the selection process for at-large teams and in determining seedings for the tournament.
By Ill flame
I hope we can keep him around. The real question is can we succeed without him at this point?
By Geraldos Mustache
Cider Jim wrote: January 20th, 2020, 10:02 pm In the latest top 25 poll, LU has more votes than national champion UVa. :shock:

https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/basketbal ... d6fiZcTj8w
This is meaningless IMO.
If you could bet - even money (no odds) on Liberty vs. UVA in basketball this weekend. Who would you bet on?

If Liberty plays UVA 10 times in 10 days, maybe LU wins 2 of the 10 games.
What do you think?
Liberty22 liked this
By Ill flame
Your not wrong. I would say the only thing it means is that we are getting at least a little bit of respect despite our schedule. Not much though
By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
UVA has also lost 6 games so it’s not like they’re on a hot streak. They’re struggling a bit at the moment so this doesn’t surprise me.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Geraldos Mustache wrote: January 21st, 2020, 12:18 pm
Cider Jim wrote: January 20th, 2020, 10:02 pm In the latest top 25 poll, LU has more votes than national champion UVa. :shock:

https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/basketbal ... d6fiZcTj8w
This is meaningless IMO.
You don't think Coach McKay will use this in RECRUITING???
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Ill take us all day. This is bot a good uva team. They will continue to tumble. Tb wasnt expecting to lose guy and jerome and did the best he could but this is his worst team since probably year 2.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

There’s a cerebral side to the game. And it&[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]