If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
GCU's 6'10" big man averaging 25 ppg just fouled out with almost 5 minutes left!
By Jonathan Carone
The last five minutes or so we have looked a lot more like ourselves.

We are +12 with Myo on the floor while Scottie is only +1 in essentially the same minutes.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: December 8th, 2019, 9:10 pm GCU's 6'10" big man averaging 25 ppg just fouled out with almost 5 minutes left!
That certainly helps (although he averages 15, not 25).
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
That GCU fan just picked his nose and ate it on national television. :lol:
Last edited by Kricket on December 8th, 2019, 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
I have a very very very short leash when it comes to missed free throws. Tonight has been frustrating to watch from the stripe. 16-26 at 60% is pathetic.
By Jonathan Carone
The epitome of Liberty’s efficiency:

The commentators are having to fill like ten minutes of air time because our games finish well under two hours.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: December 8th, 2019, 9:16 pm My basketball informant says Baxter-Bell has played best game of his career tonight
In 21 minutes of reserve play, Baxter-Bell had 15 points and 4 rebounds, compared to James who only had two points.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: December 8th, 2019, 9:32 pm The epitome of Liberty’s efficiency:

The commentators are having to fill like ten minutes of air time because our games finish well under two hours.
I like fast games.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: December 8th, 2019, 9:25 pm This would’ve been a fun game to play at GCU just to be in that environment and test the team.
Especially given they average 7100 a game in a 7000 seat arena. They have the best college basketball attendance in the country percentage wise.
By LUDad
Kricket wrote: December 8th, 2019, 9:20 pm That GCU fan just picked his nose and ate it on national television. :lol:
I saw that. He's going to catch grief Monday.
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
I think he knew something was up by the look on his face and then slipping that helmet back on!
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
rogers3 wrote: December 8th, 2019, 11:04 pm I think he knew something was up by the look on his face and then slipping that helmet back on!
Yeah, he went pale :pale. Like he noticed he was on the screen. If it were a serious rival of ours I'd turn it into a GIF, but without built up malice towards GCU it just seems mean.
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
Maybe do it...keep it in the back pocket. After all, I have heard they are beating us pretty well in the online game. I wouldn't be surprised to see it on YouTube at some point.
By chris leedlelee
GCU actually would be a natural rival in basketball, being that both schools vie for the "Largest Christian University in the World" title. Also, GCU fans really do love their basketball which would make it an exciting series.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
chris leedlelee wrote: December 8th, 2019, 11:29 pm Also, GCU fans really do love their basketball which would make it an exciting series.
Yes, but they (fans) are not going to travel here, and we (fans) are not going to travel there.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
This was a game I was interested in ever since the schedule was released. Glad we won! It didn't look pretty to begin with.
LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]