If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Our men look to remain undefeated, facing Grand Canyon University of the WAC. GCU is currently 3-6, including a loss to non-DI Davenport, but they were competitive with the B1G's Illinois and Fordham of the A-10. GCU plays Mount St. Mary's tonight.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Just a few tidbits on where we stand in some NCAA stats going into this game.

After hovering around 5th all year, we have moved into 2nd in scoring defense at 48.5 per game. UVA leads with an astonishing 40.3.
Perhaps our biggest improvement has been in opponents FG%, where we are now 4th at 33.2%. Maybe more impressive because we really don't have a shot blocker.
We are 5th in 3pt FG % defense at 23.7 Remember when we were still learning the pack line and Campbell lit us up from 3?
18th in assist/turnover ratio at 1.43/1
8th in TO/game at 10.1
2nd in scoring margin at 24. Yeah, I know that is skewed by the last 2 games, but we are not the only D1 team to play games like that.
Tied for 39th in 3 pt FG attempts at 222. I only included this because ASUN opponent N Florida is 1st with 331.
6th in 3 pointers made with 93. N Florida 1st with 127.
More importantly, 11th in 3 pt FG% at 41.9. N Florida is 38th at 38.4.

Amazingly, with all those impressive TEAM stats, not ONE Liberty player is in the top 50 in any INDIVIDUAL category. H.S.T.P.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
SUNDAY :fineprint
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Grand Canyon's starting lineup is probably the most talented we will have faced this year, but the fact that they are playing such crazy minutes would certainly indicate that Majerle doesn't have much confidence in his bench. If we just do what we do, make it extremely difficult for them to execute their offense, and rotate our 8 like we normally do to keep everyone reasonably fresh, we should be able to wear them down and come out with a win
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
Grand Canyon has attacked the basket well and forced us with our aggressive defense to pick up some fouls. 8 of their 26 points are from the line and we have shot poor from the line. Very impressed with GCU athletes. Is it just me or does every time Scottie plays someone taller he presses too much and gets taken out of the game mentally?
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I've only been able to watch off and on but am surprised we are somehow up by 4 at the half from what I have seen.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
The GCU fans are really into the game and all wearing purple. :pbjtime :cheerleader :pbjtime
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
Yeah our shooting has been off tonight for sure. I thought it was really cool to see the average attendance of GCU at their games and being 101% capacity! VERY IMPRESSIVE!
By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
Homesly and cuffee are the stars in this one. When is James going to be the force he was last year?
By Jonathan Carone
We aren’t playing well. Credit to GCU. If they had their two starters who are out for academics we wouldn’t even be in this one. These types of games happen. Just gotta hope we can pull it out.
Some statistics

Of our 6 returning starters, only Roupe is hitting[…]

I'm not sure why anyone thought online would eve[…]

Longwood

Did you make the trip to Farmville?

G5 Playoff Only

We DO NOT want this. This is Division 1AA all ove[…]