If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
No one wants to be ranked more than I do. However 4 of the 5 reasons listed, are a direct result of a poor schedule. #5 ie. last year has to count a little bit is not relatable at all, but as someone elase has already said, we win a few more and we should be in legitimately. Playing those two very, very weak Christian skools, hurt us badly. IMHO.
LUOrange liked this
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
15th!!!?? That is insanity. I don't think we will get into the top 25 unless we are unbeaten after LSU. At that point, it would probably be hard to keep us out. Does that mean we are really one of the 25 best teams in the nation right now? Of course not but that is kind of how it goes when you go so long without losing.
By Class of 20Something
Berman noted a few big losses as his reason for us moving so far. I wouldn't say 15th but I think we shouldn't undersell being undefeated at this point.
By VarsityLu
Chris Lang wrote: December 16th, 2019, 12:14 pm Holy cow, Liberty is 19th in the first NET rankings released today.
37th in the ESPN's College Basketball Power Index. I think that is about right for now. Now, if we beat LSU...

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/bpi
thepostman liked this
By FLAMEfromBAMA
Registration Days Posts
And if we beat LSU on the road that'll be a Quadrant 1 win. As of now Vandy is our only Quad 2 win and we are still this high. Our top 40 net offensive efficiency and top 20 net defensive efficiency combined with simply having 12 wins on the record must balance out our schedule concerns.
By LUOrange
If we're 15-0 with wins over LSU and Vandy, we'll be ranked Top 25. However, our non-conference schedule and the ASUN are so weak, 1 loss will probably toss us back out.

It is fascinating that not one ACC school wanted to take a risk in playing us. IMO, we should've played Longwood, VMI, and/or another Virginia D-1 or Big South school instead of those NAIA schools.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Let this sink in for a couple of minutes. :shock:

In the NET rankings, Liberty is the highest rated team from the Commonwealth of Virginia, coming in ahead of #22 Richmond and the defending national champion Virginia Cavaliers who check in at #39. The Flames are also ranked ahead of teams such as Michigan, Villanova, LSU, Michigan State, Texas Tech, Indiana, Georgetown, and Kentucky.
By LU 57
lynchburgwildcats wrote: December 16th, 2019, 9:42 pm
chris leedlelee wrote: December 15th, 2019, 10:11 pm
gerb wrote: December 13th, 2019, 1:36 pm Image
This is absolutely wonderful. It deserves to be framed.
It's missing some sharpie markings
Well played. Still cannot believe that happened.
By Class of 20Something
LU 57 wrote: December 16th, 2019, 10:39 pm
lynchburgwildcats wrote: December 16th, 2019, 9:42 pm
chris leedlelee wrote: December 15th, 2019, 10:11 pm

This is absolutely wonderful. It deserves to be framed.
It's missing some sharpie markings
Well played. Still cannot believe that happened.
I can't believe they made that big a deal of it. There were lifetime meteorologists on Twitter calling it a felony(which it would be if he was trying to pass it off as an original forecast) and saying the president didn't have the congitive ability to ask what days 5-8 look like. Just absolute TDS with that whole ordeal.
By LUDad
I totally disagree with NCAA using point margin in their Net Rankings calculation. It is patently unfair to low scoring defensive teams. A 89-79 win is closer than a 62-55 win. If you are going to factor in scores it should measured by margin of win. For instance, the margins of win in the above scores would be 11.2% in the higher scoring game and 11.3% in the lower scoring game. Points are much more valuable in a lower scoring game than they are in a higher scoring game. In the case above, those three extra points LU has to score to obtain a 10 point margin equate to a 30% differential to obtain essentially the same margin of victory. UNFAIR!
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
In terms of polls and rankings, LSU and Vanderbilt both lost today to big underdogs. I Vandy lost to Loyola Chicago, and LSU lost to ETSU. Not a good night for our chances at getting a signature win or two.
By lawrenceq
Registration Days Posts
I looked at last year's Wofford team and they didn't crack the top-25 until they won 24 games. They had one P5 win (South Carolina) and played two non-D1 schools. However, they did lose to all of the other P5 schools they played by double digits.
Some statistics

Of our 6 returning starters, only Roupe is hitting[…]

I'm not sure why anyone thought online would eve[…]

Longwood

Did you make the trip to Farmville?

G5 Playoff Only

We DO NOT want this. This is Division 1AA all ove[…]