If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Geraldos Mustache wrote: December 27th, 2019, 1:27 pm
The polls matter to me because they matter to the casual fan.

ESPN defaults to showing scores and schedules of top 25 teams, again drawing more attention to the school. Polls indicate the program is getting attention, which draws attention to the school and our faith.
[/quote]

Actually - very good point...
[/quote]

I would love to see us in the top 25 for the reasons mentioned. However, I am under no illusions that we really are a top 25 team. The pub and recognition is good for the university. I can see a case where we go undefeated and still not be a real top 25 team.
BTW, we are not going undefeated. Even if we beat LSU, someone is going to catch us on an off night and beat us in conference.
This team has a great makeup and coaching staff. If anyone can avoid and upset, I can see us being the team to do it. Our freshmen need to continue to contribute in a positive way with their outside shooting.
JK37 liked this
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Ok, I'll be that guy! We're nowhere to be found in AP (0 votes) but Coaches poll has us at 42 (5 votes), NET 48.
By lawrenceq
Registration Days Posts
Win some conference games and they'll see the top-25 before the season ends. I think a lot of fans playing the half-in/half-out game to prepare themselves for the worst case scenario. Own it! Claim it!
By Geraldos Mustache
lawrenceq wrote: January 1st, 2020, 8:57 pm Win some conference games and they'll see the top-25 before the season ends. I think a lot of fans playing the half-in/half-out game to prepare themselves for the worst case scenario. Own it! Claim it!
Stop yourself!
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote: January 6th, 2020, 10:40 am Yeah, I agree. It's good. Much better than "Geraldos Mustache" which only gives lip service. :lol:
But not as good as Brokeback Flamer
By Yacht Rock
Registration Days Posts
Geraldos Mustache wrote:"Yacht Rock" is one of the best message board handles I've ever seen. (tips hat in recognition...)
I'd love to take credit for it but it's built on the backs of a few decades of really smooth music.

Purple Haize liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
One of my favorite streaming channels. Also an episode of Family guy
thepostman liked this
2024 Recruiting Discussion

He’s the exception to the rule. Opposing […]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

Aaron Judge is killing me right now. 6 starte[…]

Just remember that fine academic institution, Loui[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

https://twitter.com/ChrisVannini/status/1782[…]