If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
In a fairly recent common-opponent comparison, Navy beat ECU by 5 at home while we won by 20 on the road. Still need to TCB, but I think any residual complacency on this team probably got dealt with after the poor effort against MD Eastern Shore. Like York likes to say. "Lets go 1-0 tonight."
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
I know I'll get heat for this but the only player who seems to disrupt the ball movement significantly is Myo. He seems to decide he's going to shoot and then does whether he's open or not. It's somewhat frustrating to me because the team moves the ball so well otherwise.

Am I wrong on this?
By Jonathan Carone
Kricket wrote: November 19th, 2019, 8:37 pm I know I'll get heat for this but the only player who seems to disrupt the ball movement significantly is Myo. He seems to decide he's going to shoot and then does whether he's open or not. It's somewhat frustrating to me because the team moves the ball so well otherwise.

Am I wrong on this?
Most nights I’d say you were. Tonight our movement hasn’t been great and things have gotten stagnant. It wouldn’t feel like Myo was the issue if some of those bunnies at the rim would’ve fallen.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
We leave at least 10 points off the board, because the guys refuse to use the backboard on shots that are less than 5 feet from the basket.
MBB usually has a less than stellar game after a big game. Maybe he reads too much about being such a good performer in the previous game? I am amazed by his ability, especially considering his size. As a former poster said, he sometimes seems to make up his mind to shoot, regardless of the situation/position on the court.
Finally, 101 Dalmations and Disney movies on the broadcast? You can't be taken seriously by the length/depth of that discussion. (yes I know it was referencing the Disney insert on the screen).
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: November 19th, 2019, 8:46 pm Most nights I’d say you were. Tonight our movement hasn’t been great and things have gotten stagnant. It wouldn’t feel like Myo was the issue if some of those bunnies at the rim would’ve fallen.
You're probably right. When shots are falling, I'm ok with a forced shot here and there.
By lueer
Registration Days Posts
This Homesly thing is going to look pretty silly if we mess around and lose this games.

Haven’t looked great yet this year.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
We lead by 3 with 42 seconds left...
By chris leedlelee
lueer wrote: November 19th, 2019, 9:35 pm This Homesly thing is going to look pretty silly if we mess around and lose this games.

Haven’t looked great yet this year.
To be fair, we definitely looked good vs ECU.
By lueer
Registration Days Posts
Yes we looked pretty good at ECU, but just don’t seem to be in sinc yet.

Don’t understand Homesly. Hope he isn’t hurt.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: November 19th, 2019, 9:50 pm Our defense played alright, but our offense was garbage tonight. Shot under 35%. Yuck.
Went without a field goal the last 3+ minutes. Fortunately free throw shooting was decent tonight.
By LU 57
Jonathan Carone wrote: November 19th, 2019, 9:50 pm Our defense played alright, but our offense was garbage tonight. Shot under 35%. Yuck.
Ball movement not as good tonight. Guys trying to create their own shots and it just was not working.

Good teams are going to have nights like tonight. Beauty is you can get away with it with the pack line.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]