If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By LU 57
LU Grad 11 wrote: November 16th, 2019, 9:31 pm
Kricket wrote: November 16th, 2019, 8:05 pm This was a satisfying win. The team knocked down more shots then the previous games, so it was more fun to watch.

That being said, I'm not sure East Carolina is that good of a team though. I expected them to be a bit better. I guess we will have another test to see where we're at with Navy shortly.
Convincing win on the road! Think Homesley was just playing down to the competition the previous two games.

Don't foresee Navy being much of a test. Beat them by 18 on the road last year. Our non-conference schedule is soft. If we want to have a legitimate shot for at-large bids going forward, we need to beef it up (and/or move to a better conference).
I would love to see us play a tougher non-con schedule as well; however it is easier said than done. Road wins like the UCLA game last year make it harder as P5s no longer see us as an easy win. RMK made this point when discussing this year’s schedule. The funny thing is, the ECU game was a “buy game”. This tweet made me laugh:

By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
If you want to play all road games then we can get more p5s. I think the schedule is fine other than i would prefer only 1 non d1 but i get it. I mean we have radford ecu grand canyon vandy lsu navy plus 2 neutral site tourneys. I think its pretty close to what it should be right now. I would love to have one more good home non conference game but from everything ive heard we had trouble getting home games period.

They need to give rmk some of that football scheduling money to let him buy a home game or 2.
By LU 57
jinxy wrote: November 16th, 2019, 11:13 pm If you want to play all road games then we can get more p5s. I think the schedule is fine other than i would prefer only 1 non d1 but i get it. I mean we have radford ecu grand canyon vandy lsu navy plus 2 neutral site tourneys. I think its pretty close to what it should be right now. I would love to have one more good home non conference game but from everything ive heard we had trouble getting home games period.

They need to give rmk some of that football scheduling money to let him buy a home game or 2.
Ha. Agreed. Would love to see us play UR, VCU, JMU, or ODU at home.
By LU Grad 11
Registration Days Posts
cruzan_flame13 wrote: November 16th, 2019, 10:18 pm I don't think we have so much choice to schedule P5's especially those who are not doing well for some years now. Since our run last year, we are a higher threat and no one at that level want to lose to a mid-major especially name Liberty. It's not going to be easy establishing schedules for us from now on(atleast for awhile).
That may be the case, and I know it's especially difficult to get them to play at our place. However, it doesn't have to be P5's. There are plenty of mid-major teams that would improve our schedule strength (VCU, Belmont, Furman, UNCG, ETSU, Charleston, Winthrop, Murray State, George Mason, Davidson, Richmond, Western Kentucky, ODU, MTSU, Wofford, William & Mary, Delaware, Georgia State, Georgia Southern, Northern Kentucky, any MAC school, etc.).

I think we can do better than at least 9 games against teams that are rated 239th or worse in our non-conference schedule. For comparison, Belmont has 3 such games. ODU has 2. Even Grand Canyon only has 5.
By jimflamesfan
Registration Days Posts
I was really happy with the ECU win.

I had a hard time getting the game to play on my espn app. I had to force stop and then it finally worked. But glad to see the Flames get a big road win.

Now I have a question. For the last home game basketball game I parked in the parking garage.

For the Navy Game, I was thinking of parking on East Campus and taking the tunnel to the Vines. Just trying different ways.

My question is, where on East Campus is best to park to get to the tunnel? Would it be like in the Docs parking lot, or are there lots near the intramural fields? Thanks in advance for the info. :)
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
If you're lucky, you can park at David's Place on east campus. It's near entrance to the tunnel. Just a few yards north of entrance. I park there for most basketball games I attend.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: November 16th, 2019, 9:43 pm We do need to improve our non conference schedule. Get some P5 schools on it.
Easier said than done. Ritchie tried. Nobody wanted to play us this year. They know we are good, and until our reputation reaches the point that we are a "good win", not a "bad loss", it's going to be tough. I think we can get there in another year or 2.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
It is always comical when people start saying, "we need start scheduling more P5's" as if it isn't a two way street. We can't just demand these schools schedule us. It is the nature of where we are right now as a program.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Speaking of P5 opponents, LSU, the one team KenPom had beating us going into the season, lost to VCU and just struggled a bit last night against Nichols State, eventually winning by 10. Right now I would say Evansville is the toughest game on our schedule.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: November 17th, 2019, 8:37 am It is always comical when people start saying, "we need start scheduling more P5's" as if it isn't a two way street. We can just demand these schools schedule us. It is the nature of where we are right now as a program.
We can? :shock: (I know, typo)
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
I should correct my earlier post to say I think Evansville is our toughest POTENTIAL opponent, since both teams would need to make the finals in the tournament in order to face each other. Hope it happens.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
LU 57 wrote: November 16th, 2019, 6:45 pm The color guy sounds like Chris Matthews from hardball. Brutal Philly accent. No offense🤣
I didn’t hear any accent
2024 Recruiting Discussion

We went from everyone on the team being 6’7&[…]

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/college/memp[…]

2024 Season Thread

This weekend is a big series on the road against a[…]

https://i.postimg.cc/bJsNVRB7/20240416-152017.jp[…]