If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
oldflame wrote: November 9th, 2019, 12:19 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: November 9th, 2019, 11:23 am
Just John wrote: November 8th, 2019, 10:13 pm No offensive rebounding all night.
Most college teams are weak on offensive boards. Soon as shot is released. Other 4 players immediately drop back on defense. Personally I don't like it. I like for 2 guards release and get back on defense, then 3 players crash the boards. Also, by doing this, you can pressure inbound play if shot is good, and maybe steal ball
Unstubstantiated, but stated as a fact in typical bc fashion. How much emphasis is placed on offensive rebounding varies greatly from team to team depending on their system and the coach's philosophy. McKay, Bennett and other coaches who build their team around the pack line defense, want their opponents to have to face that D with their half court offense on every possession. A premium is placed on NOT allowing fast breaks, and when you crash the boards with 3 or more players, you open yourself up to that.

It's worked out fairly well for both Liberty and UVA just won a national championship with it, but I'm sure you believe they'd both be better doing things your way.
UVA would have won 2 NCAA BB championships last year if they’d done it his way :roll:

Now if he could actually cite teams that run a system he advocates that would be intriguing. I actually know a handful of teams who do it that way. But I’m not a fraudcoach
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Ballcoach hates UVa so much that he will never give Tony Bennett any credit for earning a National Championship.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: November 9th, 2019, 1:40 pm I have coached basketball before. I stressed rebounding on both ends of floor.

Bennett is a good man, I just don't like his team.
Sure you have
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: November 9th, 2019, 1:40 pm I have coached basketball before. I stressed rebounding on both ends of floor.

"His team" consists of him, coaches and staff he hired and players he recruited. I defy you to name one thing that any of them have ever done or said that would give you reason not to like them.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: November 9th, 2019, 2:05 pm
Purple Haize wrote: November 9th, 2019, 1:44 pm

Sure you have
You sound as if you not believe me.
Oh I totally believe you. I’m sure you ran try outs and off season workouts and team camps and strung a bunch of seasons together. :roll:
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: November 9th, 2019, 1:44 pm

Sure you have
Don't expect a lot of credibility when you apparently can't type the word "do".
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: November 9th, 2019, 4:59 pm
Purple Haize wrote: November 9th, 2019, 2:12 pm

Oh I totally believe you. I’m sure you ran try outs and off season workouts and team camps and strung a bunch of seasons together. :roll:

And more
Oh I’m positive you have. Rivaled you’re coaching tenure with Gretna football I’m sure

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty worthl[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

Half of the ads are about how Bob Good is tough on[…]

G5 Playoff Only

I would be OK with the top 2 G5 conference champio[…]

Some statistics

Of our 6 returning starters, only Roupe is hitting[…]