If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Jonathan Carone
They’ve rolled out new red and blue uniforms the last two days. You can find them on any of the social channels. Totally different look than before.

Any thoughts?
By Have_a_Gansett_2011
Love the blue uni's! The reds are not as clean. There are contrasting logos that make it look as if they were thrown together on some sort of uniform photoshop. The blues are consistent, modern, and eye-catching; they fit with the overall branding of the team and athletics department as a whole.

I love the baby blue introduction we've been seeing on football coaches on the sideline (undoubtedly a HF/Ole Miss thing). I wonder if baby blues with our bright flame red would be a nice addition as an alternate?
By A Sea of Red
Posts Custom
The baby blue is on the new navy blue MBB uni's. The names on the back of the jerseys are in baby blue, it's hard to see in the video.

Waiting on videos for the new white and new cream uni's.
By Jonathan Carone
I haven't really developed an opinion yet. The uniforms remind me of Euro League style designs. It's so different than what I'm used to that I'm holding off on having too strong of an opinion.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
They look like practice uniforms to me but I'm getting old so maybe I'm just grumpy.
By LU 57
thepostman wrote: November 5th, 2019, 7:47 pm They look like practice uniforms to me but I'm getting old so maybe I'm just grumpy.
I do not really care for them. Hopefully they will grow on me.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Def euro influence. The zero on myos stomach looks weird but i think the double digit numbers will look better. The zero looks like a giant belly button where its placed :D

Was the prospect that just visited wearing the cream one in his pics or was that last years?
By LUOrange
Those things are ugly. The red one is the worst. But their both uglier than the new red and white football helmets. I don't understand a) what was wrong with what we had and, b) why we need to keep changing our uniforms, logos, etc. Change for the sake of change or because you can is stupid. Let's hope we play better than our uniforms look. Hopefully, we'll give our opponents a reason to laugh while we beat their tails.
By Jonathan Carone
For the record - we haven’t changed the logo. We’re just using it in different ways.

And honestly, if the players like the uniforms, that’s what matters.
By LUOrange
We're on at least our 5th logo since I arrived at LU in 1994. I really like the current one, especially when it's topped with the eagle head- it's a better version than the one LU was using when I got here. And the uniforms are still ugly.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: November 6th, 2019, 11:54 am The throwbacks they just posted are gorgeous.
I agree. Same general principle as last year's, but I think I like them better. Best of the 3 so far, and it isn't close.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: November 6th, 2019, 11:54 am The throwbacks they just posted are gorgeous.
Those should be the primaries.
By Jonathan Carone
The home whites they released today look really nice too. Looks like the only Euro League ones are the red and blue. And I think I'm good with that. It's a nice mix of classic and new.
By LU 57
Jonathan Carone wrote: November 7th, 2019, 12:57 pm The home whites they released today look really nice too. Looks like the only Euro League ones are the red and blue. And I think I'm good with that. It's a nice mix of classic and new.
I have never been one to scrutinize uniforms much; however I really like the white ones and the throwbacks. Will take some time for me to get used to the red and blue ones. That said, I am with you, if the players like them I am all for them.
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
What does H.S.T.P. mean?
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
Also, I was trying to see them on twitter and twitter told me the mbb account is suspended. What's that all about?
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
LUconn wrote: November 8th, 2019, 2:43 pm Also, I was trying to see them on twitter and twitter told me the mbb account is suspended. What's that all about?
Exactly :nod
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
LUconn wrote: November 8th, 2019, 2:40 pm What does H.S.T.P. mean?

Play HARD
Play SMART
Play TOGETHER
Play with PURPOSE

It's pretty much the team mantra.
Uh… You guys like reading?

I like biographies, books about finance and human […]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

Were not done https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/s[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

I think we should do whatever Tech and UVA do as[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread