If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By LUDad
So what is the venue capacity? I understand where they are playing and why but it still seems really small. No more than 10' behind players bench before the wall. Not making fun of it. Simply stating a fact.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
LUDad wrote: November 22nd, 2019, 10:04 pm So what is the venue capacity? I understand where they are playing and why but it still seems really small. No more than 10' behind players bench before the wall. Not making fun of it. Simply stating a fact.
Heard announcer say 300 with a loud LU contingent.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
LUDad wrote: November 22nd, 2019, 10:04 pm So what is the venue capacity? I understand where they are playing and why but it still seems really small. No more than 10' behind players bench before the wall. Not making fun of it. Simply stating a fact.
This isn't even the BahaMar Resort's main ballroom. When they found out the Kendal Gymnasium would still be needed for Dorian victims, it was booked for a big poker tournament. The plans are for this tournament to be played there starting next year. I don't think capacity is an issue.
Last edited by olldflame on November 22nd, 2019, 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
jinxy wrote: November 22nd, 2019, 9:48 pm Gdub and morgan state are clearly bottom 2 and then probably ukmc. Ecu has talent. Will be interesting to see how they do there. Rice will be a nice test for us. Probably best team weve played so far. Either them or radford.
I watched their first game against Arkansas and Rice lost by 48. They will likely play better than that tomorrow, but Radford is definitely a better team.
By LibertyRadioPxP
Registration Days Posts
SumItUp wrote: November 22nd, 2019, 12:37 pm
oldflame wrote: November 22nd, 2019, 12:32 pm I have absolutely nothing against Alan York. Fine man and a good enough PxP announcer. Nick Pierce is on another level. I'm thinking Ian must know this. It has to be a dilemma for him.
LFSN does not report to athletics.
Nick and I certainly do report to athletics. Nick paints a vivid picture with his pxp. Glad he is on our team!
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
oldflame wrote: November 22nd, 2019, 11:02 pm ECU wins 85-68.
Isn't that the team that LU beat by 20 earlier in the season at their place? If so, I'm smelling a tourney trophy for LU. :shock:
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
oldflame wrote: November 22nd, 2019, 3:50 pm I forgot the blowout over High Point in the BSC tourney final in 04. This was our widest margin since then.
That 89 - 44 shellacking is something I'll never forget. Perhaps the best game (football or basketball) I've ever attended at LU.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: November 23rd, 2019, 7:23 am
oldflame wrote: November 22nd, 2019, 11:02 pm ECU wins 85-68.
Isn't that the team that LU beat by 20 earlier in the season at their place? If so, I'm smelling a tourney trophy for LU. :shock:
Gotta get past Rice first, and they are no pushover. 5-2, and played Houston tough just a few days ago.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I thought Rice lost to ECU. Doesn't that kick Rice out of the winner's bracket? Or is it double elimination?
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: November 23rd, 2019, 10:08 am I thought Rice lost to ECU. Doesn't that kick Rice out of the winner's bracket? Or is it double elimination?
Rice beat UWM. Evansville lost to ECU.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
We play Rice today at 5PM EST Cider. Considering we played Radford at home, this just may be our toughest challenge so far. I fully expect Caleb to be off "load management". I hope he is not rusty from his rest time, because I suspect we will need him to have a productive game. Then again, we have done surprisingly well without him.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Thanks, oldflame. Lots of LU radio listening for me today: football at high noon and basketball at 5:00.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: November 23rd, 2019, 12:25 pm Thanks, oldflame. Lots of LU radio listening for me today: football at high noon and basketball at 5:00.
Same here Cider. Radio pxp and live stats, although I'm not going to hold my breath on the live stats for basketball (they were not working for any of the tournament games yesterday).
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Less than 2 weeks ago, Evansville was on top of the world after beating Kentucky. Today they are in danger of losing their 3rd straight, trailing lowly GWU 45-30 at the half.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
GWU beats Evansville 78-70. In the earlier loser's bracket game, Milwaukee topped Morgan State 62-57.
By LU 57
LFSN website feed is music. Having to listen to Rice broadcast on Tune-in Radio. Any thoughts on how to tune in to LFSN broadcast outside Lynchburg?
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Liberty 35, Rice 20 - 4.5 seconds left in the half. Libertyflames.com, click on live audio, for the feed.
By LU 57
ATrain wrote: November 23rd, 2019, 6:35 pm Liberty 35, Rice 20 - 4.5 seconds left in the half. Libertyflames.com, click on live audio, for the feed.
Did not work on iPhone. Sends me to App Store which says it is not available in my area. Thanks anyway!
2024 Recruiting Discussion

We went from everyone on the team being 6’7&[…]

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/college/memp[…]

2024 Season Thread

This weekend is a big series on the road against a[…]

https://i.postimg.cc/bJsNVRB7/20240416-152017.jp[…]