If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Kricket wrote: November 24th, 2019, 11:29 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: November 24th, 2019, 11:24 pm For those who follow recruiting closely, did you think our freshmen would be this good ?
A lot of people were pumped about Kyle Rode, as he's the highest rated recruit in program history. I think most are surprised by Shiloh Robinson. He's looked dang good in the limited time he's played.
That's pretty much it. I think we all new Shiloh had a lot of upside with his length and athleticism, but thought his skill set would need some development. Instead, he arrived "ready for prime time." Marten Maide is really good too. If we had known Keegan was going to transfer, I doubt we would have announced we were redshirting him, despite his injury. I still think there is a chance he ends up playing this year. Depends on how soon he is available, how things go with Caleb's injury and whether players like Price and Preston can demonstrate they are able to contribute.
By LUOrange
cruzan_flame13 wrote: November 25th, 2019, 1:46 am I believe we can make it to the Sweet 16 with this team. As for being ranked, I'm not sure but it will be great to see Liberty in the Top 25.
Well, Furman got ranked to around 20 with only playing a Southern Conference schedule with no significant wins last year. So why not us?
By LUOrange
jinxy wrote: November 24th, 2019, 11:36 pm We just won all 3 games in a tourney by double digits to win the title without our best player. We are 8 and 0. We will be at least 10 and 0. I love it. We are fun to watch.

Really encouraged by mcghees ball handling as well. He looked explosive against press. Rode and robinson for 4 years sounds like a ton of wins.
Very good chance that we’ll be 11-0 by the time we get to our rematch with Vandy. Grand Canyon’s not having a good start to their season.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
We won the tournament, yet there was not a word about it in the News & Advance this morning. Yet front page of sports section said "UVa stays unbeaten".
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
That is true, however anyone in sports office could have gone online, and gathered some results of the game, and put together an article.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Over/under for total points we allow against KY Christian and Trinity Baptist? Anything over 80, and I'm taking the under. Would be lower, except our top 6 aren't likely to play much in the 2nd half of either game.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
cruzan_flame13 wrote: November 25th, 2019, 1:46 am I believe we can make it to the Sweet 16 with this team. As for being ranked, I'm not sure but it will be great to see Liberty in the Top 25.
One can only hope. From what I see in the polls (I think new polls come out later today) the Coaches poll doesn't have us in the top 50 and the AP poll has us at 42. I'm sure that will change with time.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: November 25th, 2019, 11:01 am That is true, however anyone in sports office could have gone online, and gathered some results of the game, and put together an article.
You are very likely the only person in the world who cares (despite the fact that you already know the results.) I know you like to read the sports page, but even you don't depend on it to know what happened.
By A Sea of Red
Posts Custom
ballcoach15 wrote: November 25th, 2019, 10:26 am We won the tournament, yet there was not a word about it in the News & Advance this morning. Yet front page of sports section said "UVa stays unbeaten".
Yet, ASOR had someone at the football game and covered the MBB tournament. Maybe instead of a N&A subscription, that money could go to ASOR to help us provide even MORE Liberty coverage. Maybe even LU softball.

(This isn't a shot at Damien or the N&A, he does a great job covering LU)
By Class of 20Something
A Sea of Red wrote: November 25th, 2019, 11:33 am
ballcoach15 wrote: November 25th, 2019, 10:26 am We won the tournament, yet there was not a word about it in the News & Advance this morning. Yet front page of sports section said "UVa stays unbeaten".
Yet, ASOR had someone at the football game and covered the MBB tournament. Maybe instead of a N&A subscription, that money could go to ASOR to help us provide even MORE Liberty coverage. Maybe even LU softball.

(This isn't a shot at Damien or the N&A, he does a great job covering LU)
You do different jobs. I like the content you provide more. I want the content you provide. I pay for it.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
When I go to McDonald's or Hardee's in morning, I always read sports page from at least 2 papers. When I go to Hardee's, normally it's 4 papers.

This way I can coach up, those less knowledgable.
By jyoung9
I think we will be ranked if we beat GCU and Vanderbilt. At that point we'd be 13-0, coming off a second-round appearance. Don't think it happens in the next couple weeks, though I expect we will see a bump this week in the other's receiving votes category.
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
We were ranked at 36th in the latest AP poll while receiving 6 votes. I agree with jyoung9 that if we beat Vandy, which then puts us at 12-0 then then there is no doubt in my mind that we will be ranked.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: November 25th, 2019, 12:18 pm When I go to McDonald's or Hardee's in morning, I always read sports page from at least 2 papers. When I go to Hardee's, normally it's 4 papers.

This way I can coach up, those less knowledgable.
🤣🤣🤣

This is a quality, unintentionally funny, post.

Thanks for always coming through.
By Chris Lang
Registration Days Posts
I haven't worked there for more than four years now, but I'm guessing the game ended too late to get into the paper. Deadlines were creeping earlier even when I was there, and Sunday night is bare bones as far as staff on the desk goes. When did the game end?
By Chris Lang
Registration Days Posts
LUOrange wrote: November 25th, 2019, 10:19 am
Well, Furman got ranked to around 20 with only playing a Southern Conference schedule with no significant wins last year. So why not us?
Furman beat Loyola of Chicago (coming off a Final Four appearance) and Villanova on the road last November. That's why they got ranked. They dropped immediately after losing to LSU and ETSU.
By PAFlame
I predicted this team would be ranked at some point this year, the key being the team not getting full of themselves and believing their own hype this year. I think an at-large is a possibility with 5 or less losses on the year, but those have to come against the harder competition (This is going to be against LSU for the most part because Vanderbilt is probably one of the worst P5 teams in the country given the rebuild new coaching staff.). Lose 4-5 games in the ASUN as of right now? Kiss that at-large goodbye unless 2 more of the teams decide to start going on a huge roll.

P.S: I understand one DII and lower division games, no more than that. We REALLY need to stop pulling the Dale Layer spiel of scheduling 5 NAIA teams (exaggeration, I know we have 2 this year) in a season.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: November 25th, 2019, 12:18 pm When I go to McDonald's or Hardee's in morning, I always read sports page from at least 2 papers. When I go to Hardee's, normally it's 4 papers.
You guys should know that Ballcoach is too cheap to subscribe to newspapers. He reads the FREE ones at McDonalds and Hardees.

Ballcoach, the game didn't even start until 8:00 that night, so the final score probably came in too late to be published in the paper.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
FlamesHighontheTide wrote: November 25th, 2019, 2:18 pm We were ranked at 36th in the latest AP poll while receiving 6 votes. I agree with jyoung9 that if we beat Vandy, which then puts us at 12-0 then then there is no doubt in my mind that we will be ranked.
I have doubts. Is that a quality enough win to propel into Top 25? I’m not as sure as you.
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: November 25th, 2019, 5:02 pm
FlamesHighontheTide wrote: November 25th, 2019, 2:18 pm We were ranked at 36th in the latest AP poll while receiving 6 votes. I agree with jyoung9 that if we beat Vandy, which then puts us at 12-0 then then there is no doubt in my mind that we will be ranked.
I have doubts. Is that a quality enough win to propel into Top 25? I’m not as sure as you.
The fact is, we may end up being favored against Vandy on their floor. We won four games this last week and gained 2 votes. Not sure Vandy is enough to judge us up a few hundred. Maybe, just not sure either.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: November 25th, 2019, 2:47 pm Funny or not, it's a true post.
I'm not sure I can even comprehend you being able to fully coach anybody up. But I'm glad it makes you happy.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: November 25th, 2019, 6:30 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: November 25th, 2019, 2:47 pm Funny or not, it's a true post.
I'm not sure I can even comprehend you being able to fully coach anybody up.
Ballcoach does wonders with 3-year-old softball players. I've even seen his video. :shock:

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty worthl[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

Half of the ads are about how Bob Good is tough on[…]

G5 Playoff Only

I would be OK with the top 2 G5 conference champio[…]

Some statistics

Of our 6 returning starters, only Roupe is hitting[…]