If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
I'm not going to post the link but if you look hard enough you'll find a stream out there.

As for the game Scottie continues to dominate the paint but he's still missing bunnies. He has to use the backboard more. Rode is going to be star. He's so much fun to watch.

If Caleb has a hammy problem then we probably won't see him until the start of conference play, imo.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
LU 57 wrote: November 23rd, 2019, 6:38 pm
ATrain wrote: November 23rd, 2019, 6:35 pm Liberty 35, Rice 20 - 4.5 seconds left in the half. Libertyflames.com, click on live audio, for the feed.
Did not work on iPhone. Sends me to App Store which says it is not available in my area. Thanks anyway!
I got the same message, but considering my location, it was not exactly a shock (although I've never had this problem before.) Listening to the Rice pxp and appreciating both Nick and Alan (although I've certainly heard worse.)
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
LU 57 wrote:[quote=ATrain post_id=588700 time=<a href="tel:1574548522" data-aalisten="1" data-original-title="" title="">1574548522</a> user_id=13]
Liberty 35, Rice 20 - 4.5 seconds left in the half. Libertyflames.com, click on live audio, for the feed.
Did not work on iPhone. Sends me to App Store which says it is not available in my area. Thanks anyway![/quote]

Stream WPLY in Roanoke from TuneIn.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
52 - 31, Liberty, with just over 11 minutes left in the second half
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
60 - 50.
Rice was down by 22 to UCSB, and came back to win. We have to finish strong
By LU 57
jbock13 wrote: November 23rd, 2019, 7:04 pm
LU 57 wrote:[quote=ATrain post_id=588700 time=<a href="tel:1574548522" data-aalisten="1" data-original-title="" title="">1574548522</a> user_id=13]
Liberty 35, Rice 20 - 4.5 seconds left in the half. Libertyflames.com, click on live audio, for the feed.
Did not work on iPhone. Sends me to App Store which says it is not available in my area. Thanks anyway!
Stream WPLY in Roanoke from TuneIn.
[/quote]
That worked. Thanks!
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
62 - 52, just over a minute and a half to go...
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
7-0 for the first time in our history.

Win 71 - 59
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
ballah09 wrote: November 23rd, 2019, 6:46 pm I'm not going to post the link but if you look hard enough you'll find a stream out there.

As for the game Scottie continues to dominate the paint but he's still missing bunnies. He has to use the backboard more. Rode is going to be star. He's so much fun to watch.

If Caleb has a hammy problem then we probably won't see him until the start of conference play, imo.
Yep. Leaving lots of points off the board.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Was homesley a hammy and aggravate it yesterday against morgan? If so man it would be so nice to win tomorrow and get him rest all the way through non d2 games. (Maybe im getting schedule out of order). I think ecu will be a tough challenge if hes not playing.

Also what was maides injury exactly. Is he done for year for sure?
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I'm finally home. Is the game archived anywhere?
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: November 23rd, 2019, 9:17 pm I'm finally home. Is the game archived anywhere?
Flohoops should have it, but only if you pay for the month.
By Veritas
oldflame wrote: November 23rd, 2019, 6:54 pm
LU 57 wrote: November 23rd, 2019, 6:38 pm
ATrain wrote: November 23rd, 2019, 6:35 pm Liberty 35, Rice 20 - 4.5 seconds left in the half. Libertyflames.com, click on live audio, for the feed.
I got the same message, but considering my location, it was not exactly a shock (although I've never had this problem before.) Listening to the Rice pxp and appreciating both Nick and Alan (although I've certainly heard worse.)
FYI, “request desktop website” from the Safari title bar will bring up a webpage with a listen live button. Radio station websites frequently try to capture and redirect mobile users to apps. Worked yesterday for the game and presumably will work tonight as well.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Kricket wrote: November 23rd, 2019, 11:25 pm
Cider Jim wrote: November 23rd, 2019, 9:17 pm I'm finally home. Is the game archived anywhere?
Flohoops should have it, but only if you pay for the month.
For what it's worth, a Flohoops subscription you take out today for this game (and/or archived content) could also be used for the 2 games in the tournament in DC on 12/20-21.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
The fact that our opponent in the final tonight is UMKC is a total :shock: . Billy Donlon is a highly respected coach who had a nice 6 year run as HC at Wright St. and has been a B1G assistant at MI and NW the last several years. He came to UMKC facing the daunting situation of having a record 11 players who entered the transfer portal when the former coach was fired. He convinced 2 to stay and then put together a roster which includes a bunch of JUCO transfers. The fact that they have been competitive is pretty amazing.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
jinxy wrote: November 23rd, 2019, 8:55 pm Was homesley a hammy and aggravate it yesterday against morgan? If so man it would be so nice to win tomorrow and get him rest all the way through non d2 games. (Maybe im getting schedule out of order). I think ecu will be a tough challenge if hes not playing.

Also what was maides injury exactly. Is he done for year for sure?
If we can get through tonight's game without Caleb, we don't face another D1 opponent til Grand Canyon on 12/8. It would be nice to have him for that IF he is 100%, but if not, I say rest him til he is or til the start of conference play.

As far as Maide is concerned, I know he had some sort of surgery, but that was not the only factor in the decision to redshirt him. At the time, we thought we were deep at his position. Obviously the transfer of McDowell and Calebs injury (let's call it what it is) have changed that, but Ritchie's recent comments seem to indicate the redhirt is still on. We'll see what happens if Caleb's situation ends up being one of those hammies that last all season. Not likely the way Ritchie is "managing" it. At the very least, we won't know anything until Marten is cleared to practice.
Last edited by olldflame on November 24th, 2019, 10:08 am, edited 3 times in total.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Prior to this tournament, UMKC's wins came against non-DI opponents. Their first DI wins were George Washington and ECU, 74 - 68 and 74 - 68.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
In the battle to avoid the basement, Morgan State is leading Evansville 39-38 at the half. For the first time in 3 days, live stats are working. Hopefully that will be the case tonight.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
here's the scoop on Caleb's situation "straight from the horse's mouth."

Apparently some people were speculating he is suspended. Not playing attention, since he played a bit against Morgan State.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Evansville and Morgan State tied at 85 at the end of regulation. Play Basketball

Looks like the officials got the message after the first day that "you are not the show" Foul calls way down since then.
If they're smart, they'll just call this a tie and declare them co-losers.
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
oldflame wrote: November 24th, 2019, 2:03 pm If they're smart, they'll just call this a tie and declare them co-losers.
:lol: I literally chuckled out loud at this. What's crazy is that Evansville beat KTY and hasn't beaten a D1 team since. Kentucky's loss is even worse than we thought.
DOE Report

Looks like the DOE is getting warmed up... Gra[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

PH do you think Claudia Tenney would be a good VP […]

Some statistics

So, who is the new hitting coach that Coach Dot wi[…]

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty worthl[…]