If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
That article I referenced in the class thread indicates he's looking more for the right fit with a coach than brand name. So I would have to think that he is giving us any attention has to be a great sign. He's a Top 25 overall player in his class by several services.
By TDDance234
Registration Days Posts
I thought this was a telling quote that speaks to the comments above:

“We spend a great deal of time together,” Kassab said. “One of the things I asked him was, ‘What’s important to you in this recruiting process?’ And he looked at me and said, ‘Coach, the most important part for me is I want to develop a relationship with who I’m going to play for.’ A lot of kids today, I get an offer from Kentucky or Duke, I’m going. He’s very genuine in saying, ‘I want to know the person I’m playing for as a person, not just as a basketball coach.’ ”
Read the rest of the article HERE.
By LU 57
TDDance234 wrote: September 11th, 2019, 12:27 pm I thought this was a telling quote that speaks to the comments above:

“We spend a great deal of time together,” Kassab said. “One of the things I asked him was, ‘What’s important to you in this recruiting process?’ And he looked at me and said, ‘Coach, the most important part for me is I want to develop a relationship with who I’m going to play for.’ A lot of kids today, I get an offer from Kentucky or Duke, I’m going. He’s very genuine in saying, ‘I want to know the person I’m playing for as a person, not just as a basketball coach.’ ”
I heard Tony Bennett was in to see him this week.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
LU 57 wrote: September 11th, 2019, 12:50 pm
TDDance234 wrote: September 11th, 2019, 12:27 pm I thought this was a telling quote that speaks to the comments above:

I heard Tony Bennett was in to see him this week.
It's no secret Ritchie and Tony have no desire to go head to head on the basketball court for the foreseeable future, but recruiting is another matter. They really don't have much choice. Efton already has a ton of options, with more to come, but I would not be surprised if his choice came down to those 2 coaches.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Efton on an unofficial visit to UVA. Tony brings out the big guns to greet him. Tough to compete with this. This pic also dispels any doubt that the kid is a legit 7' foot MINIMUM.

By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Efton is currently in Colorado Springs, competing in the USA Basketball JR National Team October mini-camp with 83 other top players from the 2020-23 classes.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
He still remains uncommitted as of today after transferring own to IMG Academy for his senior season.

He's only offer we have left hanging out there right now for 2021. He's a VERY long shot but here's his last post he has written:

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
After postponing announcements several times, Efton finally landed at LSU of all places. Will Wade. To suggest this looks fishy considering how it played out is an understatement. But I hope he has great success in Red Stick.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: May 11th, 2021, 10:19 am After postponing announcements several times, Efton finally landed at LSU of all places. Will Wade. To suggest this looks fishy considering how it played out is an understatement. But I hope he has great success in Red Stick.
Efton is from Richmond, and he may know Wade going back to his VCU days, although he would have been pretty young back then. I suspect he will be one and done at LSU.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
How Wade is still employed is beyond me. Then again, this is the LSU Athletic Department we are talking about here. Les Miles passes on his greetings.

Laissez le bon temps rouler!
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote: May 11th, 2021, 10:34 am
Sly Fox wrote: May 11th, 2021, 10:19 am After postponing announcements several times, Efton finally landed at LSU of all places. Will Wade. To suggest this looks fishy considering how it played out is an understatement. But I hope he has great success in Red Stick.
Efton is from Richmond, and he may know Wade going back to his VCU days, although he would have been pretty young back then. I suspect he will be one and done at LSU.
His AD at Richmond was a former Liberty baseball player.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: May 11th, 2021, 1:03 pm
olldflame wrote: May 11th, 2021, 10:34 am
His AD at Richmond was a former Liberty baseball player.
A bit of clarification would be in order on the meaning of "at Richmond", since normally that would mean the University of Richmond and we know Efton has never attended or played there. Does this refer to The Stewart School, where he played before transferring to AMG Academy for his Senior year? If so, "in Richmond" would be acceptable, or "at The Stewart School"..
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Ballcoach, LU 57, and I must all have the same source, who was confident that Reid would sign with McKay because of the LU baseball connection with Secrest . :oldhag
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: May 11th, 2021, 4:37 pm Ballcoach, LU 57, and I must all have the same source, who was confident that Reid would sign with McKay because of the LU baseball connection with Secrest . :oldhag
lol at that take from your "source" Secrest couldn't even keep Efton at TSS for his SR year, let alone influence where he chose to go/play in college.
By LU 57
I was never under the impression we had a shot at him. My only “sources” at Steward were some parents I know. Never discussed it much, but it was fairly common knowledge that he was going to go to a top tier program; although I guess LSU’s status as a top tier program is debatable.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: May 11th, 2021, 8:56 pm And knowing how Will Wade operates, I am not sure Ritchie had the budget to keep recruiting this kid.
Where does the IMG Academy get the $$$$$$ to bring in all the 4 and 5 star athletes, in several sports ?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: May 12th, 2021, 10:27 am
Sly Fox wrote: May 11th, 2021, 8:56 pm And knowing how Will Wade operates, I am not sure Ritchie had the budget to keep recruiting this kid.
Where does the IMG Academy get the $$$$$$ to bring in all the 4 and 5 star athletes, in several sports ?
Do you know who runs IMG? Start there.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game. And it&[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]