If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By JK37
Registration Days Posts
BC, I could see where you’re going with the AAU association, and I’m sure those relationships play a part as they always do. But IMG is more of a European specialization model. The best coaches/trainers paired with the best facilities. Very high cost of training. It’s like trading traditional high school for sport-specific high school. You can argue the psych impact of that all you want. But it’s above-board. And very well done.
ballcoach15 liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I don't know all that much about the place, but my initial thought is, the athletes are getting paid, to play at this "school". I think the NCAA term is "impermissible benefits" or something close.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Just under $50k/semester. Seriously. I recognize that mens basketball & football players are unlikely to be ponying up those numbers. But that's what room & board costs in Bradenton.

Nick Bollettieri has always been one savvy businessman. Turning a declining niche sport like tennis into a sports empire is very impressive.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: May 13th, 2021, 9:16 am Sometimes I wonder if the IMG academy is a "cousin" to rogue AAU basketball teams.
So you’ve still done 0 research. Love your consistency
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: May 13th, 2021, 10:23 am I don't know all that much about the place, but my initial thought is, the athletes are getting paid, to play at this "school". I think the NCAA term is "impermissible benefits" or something close.
Your initial thought is wrong.
Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

I'm not sure why anyone thought online would ever […]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

It’s the common conversation on here. Trash[…]

G5 Playoff Only

There are some rumblings among the AD’s of G[…]

Longwood

Liberty wins 9-3. Roupe 2 homers, 4 RBI. Jesse hom[…]