If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: December 10th, 2019, 7:19 pm Peebles committed today.
Scored 37 in his last game. Had other ASUN offers from Lipscomb and N Bama as well as a couple of the best mid-majors in the region in Belmont and Wofford. Barring attrition, we only have 1 scholarship left for this class.

Another win over Lipscomb in recruiting. The more of these we win, the fewer we will lose on the floor.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
jinxy wrote: December 15th, 2019, 7:08 pm Man if our big boys are as good as the guards and small forwards we are signing we are going to crush it.
That was our last scholarship for 2021, Not only that, but the one we have for 2020 can now only be filled by a one year grad transfer.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Brody Peebles followed up a 40 point game Friday with 46 last night. We haven't had a recruit who put up the kind of numbers he has been this year since Zach Farquar's dad Steve scored 49 a game and led the nation in scoring for tiny Blue Anchor Christian in NJ. I think Steve would probably be the first to tell you that the competition he played against was about as weak as it gets, which is why he got offers from only Liberty and Drexel in spite of the gaudy numbers. What Brody is doing looks a lot more legit. I've tried to find stats on his entire season with no luck. Apparently his school is not hooked up with MaxPrep. If anyone can find them, please post a link.
By Geraldos Mustache
Gaudy numbers?

College recruiting is a mystery to me. How the scouts find talent, how they rank players, how they offer scholarships and more. There is a kid here at Aurora Christian (Aurora, IL) who dropped 110 points in two games over the weekend and is a high school senior. He's a 4-year varsity starter on a perennially good team. He's not been signed by anyone and very few offers have come in for him.

Here's the article with him scoring 56 points Friday night. He then scored 54 points the next night...
https://basketball.dailyherald.com/spor ... point-game

Chicago metro area is a hot bed for basketball talent. Perhaps back-to-back 50+ point games will raise his profile?
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Peebles now has a 3 star rating from 247 and is the second rated junior in Alabama.

It's unfortunate that in their composite ratings, verbalcommits includes both Scout and Rivals, along with ESPN, but not 247. Rivals certainly deserves to be there, but a really strong argument can be made for 247 over either Scout or ESPN. Liberty's 2 highest rated recruits ever (Rode and Warfield) show up as 2 star (meaning unrated) on verbalcommits because their only rating is from 247.
chris leedlelee liked this
By badger74
Registration Days Posts
A really talented guy is available as a transfer. " Have been told Kobe King is back in La Crosse right now. Still early, but two potential transfer spots I’ve heard from a few people are Virginia and Marquette."
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
badger74 wrote: January 31st, 2020, 9:15 pm A really talented guy is available as a transfer. " Have been told Kobe King is back in La Crosse right now. Still early, but two potential transfer spots I’ve heard from a few people are Virginia and Marquette."
We don't have a scholarship for 2021. We have one for 2020, which can only go to a 1 year grad transfer.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
oldflame wrote: January 15th, 2020, 10:15 amWe haven't had a recruit who put up the kind of numbers he has been this year since Zach Farquar's dad Steve scored 49 a game and led the nation in scoring for tiny Blue Anchor Christian in NJ. I think Steve would probably be the first to tell you that the competition he played against was about as weak as it gets

Clearly Scar has not seen this post yet.

I seem to remember another gaudy scorer from Alabama who came years after Steve who didn't excetly light it up for the Flames.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: March 25th, 2020, 2:00 pm
oldflame wrote: January 15th, 2020, 10:15 amWe haven't had a recruit who put up the kind of numbers he has been this year since Zach Farquar's dad Steve scored 49 a game and led the nation in scoring for tiny Blue Anchor Christian in NJ. I think Steve would probably be the first to tell you that the competition he played against was about as weak as it gets

Clearly Scar has not seen this post yet.

I seem to remember another gaudy scorer from Alabama who came years after Steve who didn't excetly light it up for the Flames.
Forgot about Jeremy. His HS numbers were similar to what Brody is putting up, but also against a much lower level of competition.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
oldflame wrote: January 15th, 2020, 10:15 amWe haven't had a recruit who put up the kind of numbers he has been this year since Zach Farquar's dad Steve scored 49 a game and led the nation in scoring for tiny Blue Anchor Christian in NJ.
My source says the older Farquar didn't even attend a high school that owned a gym. All his games were away games! :shock:
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: March 25th, 2020, 11:02 pm
oldflame wrote: January 15th, 2020, 10:15 amWe haven't had a recruit who put up the kind of numbers he has been this year since Zach Farquar's dad Steve scored 49 a game and led the nation in scoring for tiny Blue Anchor Christian in NJ.
My source says the older Farquar didn't even attend a high school that owned a gym. All his games were away games! :shock:
Correct. My sister's husband grew up near bye and went to another tiny Christian school who played in the same "conference" as Blue Anchor. Some of the schools struggled to find 5 able-bodied boys 8th grade or above to put on the floor. Steve was so much better than everyone he played with and against that the only reason he averaged under 50 is that often they were so far ahead his coach instructed him not to shoot, and a few times sat him and played with 4.
LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]