If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: March 25th, 2020, 11:02 pm
oldflame wrote: January 15th, 2020, 10:15 amWe haven't had a recruit who put up the kind of numbers he has been this year since Zach Farquar's dad Steve scored 49 a game and led the nation in scoring for tiny Blue Anchor Christian in NJ.
My source says the older Farquar didn't even attend a high school that owned a gym. All his games were away games! :shock:
Welcome to the homeschool life. The Sanders boys & Ryan Kemrite did OK without a home gym. I go back to my question about Scar. It is not like he's calling games right now.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: March 26th, 2020, 9:20 am
Cider Jim wrote: March 25th, 2020, 11:02 pm
oldflame wrote: January 15th, 2020, 10:15 amWe haven't had a recruit who put up the kind of numbers he has been this year since Zach Farquar's dad Steve scored 49 a game and led the nation in scoring for tiny Blue Anchor Christian in NJ.
My source says the older Farquar didn't even attend a high school that owned a gym. All his games were away games! :shock:
Welcome to the homeschool life. The Sanders boys & Ryan Kemrite did OK without a home gym. I go back to my question about Scar. It is not like he's calling games right now.
It wasn't homeschool. Just a tiny Christian Academy that held most if not all of their classes at a church that did not have a gym.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I am aware of the situation and had classes with Steve back in the day. I was just referencing CJ's surprise at him not having home games. That's how most all homeschools roll. I was pointing out some of our better players never had home games in high school either.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
A Sea of Red wrote: March 28th, 2020, 9:36 am Very impressive highlights no doubt. Got to love the direction of this program.
:nod
And Peebles is just as impressive in a different way. Doesn't have the crazy hops, but he is extremely quick, and his skill level is off the charts. I would love to see us fill the remaining scholarship with another grad transfer so we can still have one available for 2021. Add a bigger player who is at a similar level to those 2 and we are looking at an AWESOME class.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I definitely see the comparisons, Olldflame. Long, quick with a nose for the basket. But there have been more assists in that highlight reel than in his LU career. Ask Scar. :lol:

The first half of that reel was against prinarily large school publics out in the Permian Basin. Abilene Cooper, Odessa Permian (MOJO of Friday Night Lights fame) and North Crowley are all traditionally strong hoops programs from West Texas. You know I am smiling about guys from the Lone Star State as Flames. I am wondering how the crash of the Permian over the past couple of weeks with nearly every rig in the process of shutting down impacts him.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
We have offered Jahmai Mashack, a 6'4" 4 star SG from Etiwanda California, who is Rivals' 78th ranked player for 2021.

https://www.verbalcommits.com/players/jahmai-mashack
https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/ ... ack-235953
https://twitter.com/JahmaiM

I remember someone saying a while ago that we had offered him, but it just showed up on verbal commits, and they give the date of the offer as 3/2/20.

This kid is crazy athletic and looks like he is a Liberty fit.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Since Keegan McDowell has 2 years of eligibility remaining, his decision to return means we currently no longer have a scholarship to offer for this class. I expect Ritchie and his staff will continue to look at options, because it's certainly possible that a player or 2 (including Keegan) might decide to transfer next year.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Glad to get both of them officially onboard. I happen to know of another here locally we have interest in. Hes a covid transplant that hasnt made waves yet but if they get to play i have a feeling we will try to make a spot for him. He will def be all over the timesland and recruiting radar shortly due to size and skill set.
stokesjokes liked this
By cruzan_flame13
jinxy wrote: November 11th, 2020, 7:36 pm Glad to get both of them officially onboard. I happen to know of another here locally we have interest in. Hes a covid transplant that hasnt made waves yet but if they get to play i have a feeling we will try to make a spot for him. He will def be all over the timesland and recruiting radar shortly due to size and skill set.
More information or it's not true :lol: :D
By Geraldos Mustache
olldflame wrote: March 28th, 2020, 7:48 am Highlights of Joseph Venzant. :shock: wow

I'm going to throw out a comparison that to some here may seem almost sacrilegious.

Bailey Alston
This kid has more hops than Budweiser!

Glad he's committed to Liberty. And this highlight reel... He's only a Junior here. Yikes!
He can drive.
He can score.
He can shoot from the perimeter.
Speed, agility, ball handling. Complete package. Very impressive.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Cole webster. 6”6 jr. Smith mountain lake christian academy via oakland. Hes legit. Dont think weve offered yet but i know he has a couple offers from out west where he was. The staff has made contact with him.

Hes playing the point! Saw him do a windmill dunk and then pop a silky smooth transition 3. He looks like he could shoot up another 2 o 3 inches.
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
Geraldos Mustache wrote: November 20th, 2020, 4:29 pm
olldflame wrote: March 28th, 2020, 7:48 am Highlights of Joseph Venzant. :shock: wow

I'm going to throw out a comparison that to some here may seem almost sacrilegious.

Bailey Alston

Glad he's committed to Liberty. And this highlight reel... He's only a Junior here. Yikes!
He can drive.
He can score.
Let’s hope he tightens up his handle, he’s got the moves, but the ball gets too far away from him on a lot of these, that won’t fly at the next level.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
I'm curious to know what the scholarship limit situation will be next year with the eligibility freeze which will allow Seniors to return if they want to. After 4 games, we have 2 scholarship players on the roster who appear to be hopelessly buried on the depth chart and will be even deeper when Jackson is available and Peebles and Venzant arrive. IMHO 1 or 2 transfers are pretty much inevitable this Spring. I don't think we are done recruiting for this class.
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: November 23rd, 2020, 10:52 pm
Geraldos Mustache wrote: November 20th, 2020, 4:29 pm

Bailey Alston

He can drive.
He can score.
Let’s hope he tightens up his handle, he’s got the moves, but the ball gets too far away from him on a lot of these, that won’t fly at the next level.
Not really worried about that. However, critical essentials for success at the next level--work ethic, preparation, and above all, mental toughness. What stands out to me in this video--the kid's got that inner drive and he's having fun. Seems to be off to a good start.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]