If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
oldflame wrote: December 13th, 2019, 8:43 am Did you see the list of schools visiting him at his last game Cider?
Sort of, but when it said "Virginia" my mind assumed WVU rather than Coach Bennett's UVa. :shock: When we are out recruiting National Champion UVa, that puts us on a whole different recruitment level.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Ritchie and Tony don't want to face each other on the court right now, but recruiting battles are harder to avoid. UVA hasn't offered Isaac yet, but obviously, they have interest. We are also going head to head on 2021 7-footer Efton Reid. Landing Efton would be a huge upset, but I like our chances with Isaac.
By cruzan_flame13
I know I'm pushing this by a mile, but imagine getting both? I think I just chugged a gallon of kool aid for this one! :lol:
By LU 57
And then there were 3. Duquesne loses to UAB leaving us, San Diego St and Auburn as the only unbeatens. Going to be a long week waiting for the LSU game. 🔥🔥🔥
By flamesfilmguy
Registration Days Posts
I feel like now with LSU losing the last two they aren't going to help our At large hopes much. I also think they are going to come out mad. I cant wait to watch that game. Its on SECN right?
By LU 57
flamesfilmguy wrote: December 22nd, 2019, 6:37 pm I feel like now with LSU losing the last two they aren't going to help our At large hopes much. I also think they are going to come out mad. I cant wait to watch that game. Its on SECN right?
The school website says SECN+.
By flamesfilmguy
Registration Days Posts
LU 57 wrote: December 22nd, 2019, 6:41 pm
flamesfilmguy wrote: December 22nd, 2019, 6:37 pm I feel like now with LSU losing the last two they aren't going to help our At large hopes much. I also think they are going to come out mad. I cant wait to watch that game. Its on SECN right?
The school website says SECN+.
Thats fine I can watch it on ESPN+ then
LU 57 liked this
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
If we play liberty basketball we win. Lsu is talented but they appear to me to be the type of team the pack will cause big trouble for. Hopefully we shoot the 3 better than we did at vandy. That will be the other key.
By LU 57
jinxy wrote: December 22nd, 2019, 9:06 pm If we play liberty basketball we win. Lsu is talented but they appear to me to be the type of team the pack will cause big trouble for. Hopefully we shoot the 3 better than we did at vandy. That will be the other key.
Have not had a chance to look at the LSU roster but I assume they are long. Teams with length tend to turn us over more.

Fortunately, with a week to prepare, I am sure Coach McKay will have an effective plan. Such a fan of his. He is truly the university’s best spokesman. Cannot wait to see what this team can do. Go Flames!🔥🔥🔥
thepostman liked this
By flamesfilmguy
Registration Days Posts
jinxy wrote: December 22nd, 2019, 9:06 pm If we play liberty basketball we win. Lsu is talented but they appear to me to be the type of team the pack will cause big trouble for. Hopefully we shoot the 3 better than we did at vandy. That will be the other key.
I have no stats to back this up but something I thought about after the Vandy game in regards to 3 point shooting. That gym is funky. Raised floor weird angles in the arena for shooting compared to our home and many other arena's we play in. I'd love to know what the 3point % is there versus elsewhere for opponents.
By flamesfilmguy
Registration Days Posts
LU 57 wrote: December 22nd, 2019, 11:58 pm
Have not had a chance to look at the LSU roster but I assume they are long. Teams with length tend to turn us over more.

Fortunately, with a week to prepare, I am sure Coach McKay will have an effective plan. Such a fan of his. He is truly the university’s best spokesman. Cannot wait to see what this team can do. Go Flames!🔥🔥🔥
Remember we just had Christmas break. I don't think the team is together practicing until tomorrow.
LU 57 liked this
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
Would any of you be disappointed if we lost 1 or 2 conference games but still won both regular season title and conference tourney?

Obviously I want us to finish 30-1. But, to finish 29-2 or 28-3 is also fabulous. Winning the conference tourney puts us in the 30 win range even if we finish 29-2 or 28-3. Folks, this team could be in some seriously rare company come March Madness.
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
Idk what happened, but we jumped to 47 on Kenpom.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
A Sea of Red wrote: January 8th, 2020, 10:17 am Don't take this for granted

https://www.aseaofred.com/dont-take-this-for-granted/
I really don't think there is a way I could ever take this current success for granted. It may be a little harder for some people who haven't been around Liberty athletics for very long. I am going to enjoy this ride for as long as it lasts.
alabama24 liked this
By chris leedlelee
A Sea of Red wrote: January 8th, 2020, 10:17 am Don't take this for granted

https://www.aseaofred.com/dont-take-this-for-granted/
What is so great is that with this newfound national exposure, we are bringing in some great recruits, the likes of which have not been seen here before. It would seem that this is going to be more than a run, but rather a sustainable level of success for the foreseeable future.
2024 Recruiting Discussion

I'm not a fan of Cleveland trying to play point gu[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

https://twitter.com/ChrisVannini/status/17825216[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

I bet those are a joy. Texas poltical ads are a […]

New Mexico State

1 change and a couple of tweaks. But we swung ba[…]