If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
The team had a horrible second half leaving a bitter taste in our mouth for a few moments of what might have been. But what Coach McKay and these guys have done this year is almost impossible to quantify. The paradigm has shifted permanently.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I have to concur Sly...things are a changing in a massive way. It will not be 6 more years before another trip to the dance for us...
By Just John
Registration Days Posts
flameshaw wrote:Time to give RMK a raise and an extension. Play Basketball
+1

He has done a great job with the program. He also did a good job of repp'ing LU in the media this week.
By ALAFlamesFan
Registration Days Posts
Going to miss our seniors but we will be back stronger physically and mentally next year. Excited to see us get bigger. Looking forward to see how Scottie responds after a humbling tournament. I expect a monster year from him!
By Jonathan Carone
I'm so proud to have this team representing us. They did everything the right way. When we talk about being champions for Christ, this team was the embodiment of that phrase. And the beauty of this is that we did it a year early. This run wasn't supposed to happen until next year. We return almost everyone, trade Lovell for Kyle Rode, and we're setup to do it again.
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
Proud of the team, even in the loss. Enjoyed watching us play them again in a game that counts, and while we were on the short end, we're loaded next year. The team and the coach did a lot to raise awareness for our program.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
The natural instinct is to quickly shift gears to next season. But I am in no hurry. These guys were special and raised the program to heights for which we have only dreamed for generations.

The player buy-in from Coach McKay was amazing. His leadership combined with a shockingly deep roster was a combination that blw up what LU expectations should be.
By tyndal23
Sly Fox wrote:The natural instinct is to quickly shift gears to next season. But I am in no hurry. These guys were special and raised the program to heights for which we have only dreamed for generations.

The player buy-in from Coach McKay was amazing. His leadership combined with a shockingly deep roster was a combination that blw up what LU expectations should be.
Plus 1 :)
By cruzan_flame13
Jonathan Carone wrote:I'm so proud to have this team representing us. They did everything the right way. When we talk about being champions for Christ, this team was the embodiment of that phrase. And the beauty of this is that we did it a year early. This run wasn't supposed to happen until next year. We return almost everyone, trade Lovell for Kyle Rode, and we're setup to do it again.

Plus Maide and Robinson. They are good players and will be a great addition to the team.
By ALAFlamesFan
Registration Days Posts
cruzan_flame13 wrote:
Jonathan Carone wrote:I'm so proud to have this team representing us. They did everything the right way. When we talk about being champions for Christ, this team was the embodiment of that phrase. And the beauty of this is that we did it a year early. This run wasn't supposed to happen until next year. We return almost everyone, trade Lovell for Kyle Rode, and we're setup to do it again.
l

Plus Maide and Robinson. They are good players and will be a great addition to the team.
The one question mark I have is who do we have that can take it down the lane against quick guards? Cabbil was the only guy that could consistently take it one on one or penetrate tough zones. DM has the handles but didn't go there this year. I don't see that particular skill set in any other player or recruit. We can compensate but Cabbil will be sorely missed.
By TDDance234
Registration Days Posts
A great run for these guys. So proud of the effort. I've had several people ask me about Liberty and it was nice to be able to answer them with positivity. Great job by Ritchie and his staff ... I hope we never see McKay go anywhere!
Most fun I have had watching any LU team. I look forward to that being rivaled by our football team in 6 months and then the basketball team doing it again next year.

So incredibly thankful to have gone to LU and to be able to support these guys. As it has been said over and over and over again, this coaching staff and this team embody Dr. Falwell's motto 'champions for Christ'.

Ritchie using the victory over Miss St. to give God glory and then point to what a joy it is for him to run a Christ-centered program! That freakin pumps me up!
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:Dare I start #RMK4life?
Yes and I hope that he stays around for life. I think he will be around for a while but I have learned the hard way to be prepared for anything.
UTEP

Home or away?

Danner Allen

Struck out 22 batters and Randolph-Henry defea[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1783905706782[…]

LU Campus Construction Thread

Are they changing the name of The Jerry Falwell[…]