If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

JK37 wrote:Never could figure out how to effectively defend the ball screen. Their guards hit some big shots, and their bigs got just enough second chances inside. They won the paint in the second half. That was the difference.
Great season. Congratulations to all involved with the program.
Unfortunately, we were owned the entire game in the paint. there were many times there was not one body in the pint for 10 to 15 seconds. Their D gets much of the credit for forcing us outside. We were fortunate to bury threes in the first half. Vt's adjustments in the second half buried us. i would have frustrated as a player being stoned like that.
Anyhow, POSITIVE --- POSITIVE..
What a fun run. It was great to having friends of mine talking Liberty. Play Basketball :cheerleader
JK37 wrote:
Jonathan Carone wrote:
Chris Lang wrote:I think it's a start of something big, though the conference affiliation will hold LU back because it's going to be hard for the Atlantic Sun to ever get two teams in the tournament. As good as Lipscomb was this year, it was only a five seed in the NIT, which shows the Bisons were never in the conversation for an at-large.
Was watching the UNCG/Lipscomb game on Saturday. They mentioned that Lipscomb wasn't able to host the first round of the NIT and wondered if that led to their seeding. Just thought that was an interesting observation.
I was going to mention this as well. NIT seeding has as much to do with willingness/ability to host as anything else. I know Liberty had already had conversations and knew it would be hosting in the first round of the NIT, meaning it would’ve likely been a 3 or 4 seed. The goal of every secondary tourney, NIT/CIT/CBI, is to turn a profit. Seeding means little in terms of the perceived quality of one team versus another.
Correct, but the NCAA has stated that the first four teams out are the first four seeds in the NIT. Also, I'm pretty sure the NCAA seeds the NIT with respect to ranking/merit rather than home availability. If the higher seed can't host, the lower seed gets the home game. It happened several years ago when Illinois was a 1 seed and had to travel to Stony Brook because the Illini's arena was booked.

The other tournaments aren't seeded at all.
Election 2022 and 2024

PH do you think Claudia Tenney would be a good VP […]

Some statistics

So, who is the new hitting coach that Coach Dot wi[…]

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty worthl[…]

G5 Playoff Only

I would be OK with the top 2 G5 conference champio[…]