If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Tech is very familiar with attacking the pack line playing UVa twice a year so we really need to establish the offensive tempo early
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
JLFJR blocked me on Twitter at some point. I guess I should take that as a compliment.

And I’m still blocked from Liberty basketball on Facebook for suggesting they should fire Layer. Oh well. There’s some book that states, “Blessed are those who are persecuted...” :lol:
Last edited by jbock13 on March 22nd, 2019, 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jbock13 wrote:JLFJR blocked me on Twitter at some point. I guess I should take that as a compliment.

And I’m still blocked from Liberty basketball on Facebook for suggesting they should fire Layer. Oh well. There’s some book that states, “Blessed are those who are persecuted...” :lol:

Oh brother lol
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
makarov97 wrote:Apparently you are super cool if Twitter gives you a “blue check mark.” You would expect those sports writers to at least pretend to be objective.
Jerry Jr has a blue check mark. It just means it is a verified account and not someone pretending to be someone else.

You'll be ok man, not everybody has to like you or us.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Incredible game. Homesley just put us on his back. It was really myo cabbil and homesley show. Think the rest scored like 18 total. Waited a long time for this.

Vt is not a bad matchup. They have no size but blackshear which means Scottie will factor in. Their best player Robinson just returned tonight after being out for a month and a half with a series foot injury that it appears he just tweaked. I went to the scrimmage. We can def play with tech
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
I was flying back from being at meetings all week. I was talking LU smack all week. So I’m very happy they won for those reasons! Classy to see Turner Gill there. Wonder if Jerry was there? He has access to a private jet
Richie’s phone will be ringing after this one
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:Jerry wasn't there
Biggest game in LU hoops history since the first NCAA appearance
By tyndal23
Purple Haize wrote:
Jerry did one better paid and- flew out SGA students and some Jokers to the game since he was precooked to spend the day interviiewing Alan Dershowitz ( which was very cool ) and talking to football recruits. Don’t sweat him - he is all in.
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
Jerry was with his fellow Trump supporter Dershowitz. Trump is more important than LU, that's why he should step-down as president and just focus on politics. Also It was AWESOME to see Turner Gill there. Hopefully we can bring him back and have a role somewhere in the university for him.

I've actually seen a lot of Liberty defenders surprisingly.
Last edited by ballah09 on March 23rd, 2019, 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
tyndal23 wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:
Jerry did one better paid and- flew out SGA students and some Jokers to the game since he was precooked to spend the day interviiewing Alan Dershowitz ( which was very cool ) and talking to football recruits. Don’t sweat him - he is all in.
Sr would've been there and has Jr been to a game at all this year? He doesn't care about basketball. Football is the only sport that he'll support.

Highlights
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMBJAUc ... ure=onebox
Jerry Jr. was not there, so what? If he didn’t care about basketball (and volleyball for that matter), we wouldn’t be building a new arena for them. Some of you guys who don’t care much about politics are concerned because the president of the school participates in it? He’s a lawyer for goodness sakes and basically that’s what presidents and other higher ups in college institutions do. They have their bias and support their guy which helps at times in their favor. Clearly Jerry gets a lot more heat based on the obvious bias of most media/social media outlets. Tonight is about the guys and history in the making. Everyone should be used to being hated on; the name Liberty alone causes people to loose their minds. This is just the norm of our current society(victimhood and pseudo intelligence); just accept it and enjoy the success and growth of the basketball program and athletics as a whole. That’s just my 2 cents (more like a dime lol).
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
Guys, let's not turn the thread about the biggest win in program history into a thread about Jr's politics.

Back to the game. I for one, am most proud of how this team plays. One of my friends texted me and said Miss State was way more talented. Isn't that great? These kids are so unselfish, committed, and intelligent on the court they can knock off teams others would say they shouldn't be on the same court with on talent alone.

Sure, we have talent, don't get me wrong. But the entire game we played disciplined ball, drew fouls, got open shots, and knocked down free throws which ended up being the difference. Heck of a team, not because of the win, but because of who they are as people.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
That's good. If only there were other apps he could follow along with. Someone should think of something like that!

I'm kidding. I'm just so proud of this team and liberty may have flaws but I still love my school and am proud of the men on this team. They have bought into McKay's vision and seem to be such good guys. How could anybody cheer against this team?
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Jerry Jr. stays updated via text message on most every game, (baseball, softball and basketball ), if he's not at game.
So, how much does TF get paid for that? :) Do you fill in for him when you go to away softball games?

Just remember that fine academic institution,[…]

DOE Report

Gotta love presidential election season :roll:

Some statistics

After doing some checking, I discovered that in […]

Election 2022 and 2024

PH do you think Claudia Tenney would be a good VP […]