If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:I went through every single emotion imaginable.

I am so happy for this team. They play the right way and how can you just not be so happy for Holmsley!!??

Now lets knock tech out of the tourney!
I’m pulling for St. Louis. Would much rather play them haha.
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:My editor asked me about if we had a chance in this game...i said we did, but only if we can keep the total below 140. Even as a fan and LU alum, i do not think we can hang in a high scoring affair.
:lol:
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
LUAlum1215 wrote:
thepostman wrote:My dog was not a fan of the pacing I was doing. Haha
Mine didn’t like the yelling.
My kids are sleeping and we have one rule. dont wake the children so I kept it quiet. Haha
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Kricket wrote:
BJWilliams wrote:My editor asked me about if we had a chance in this game...i said we did, but only if we can keep the total below 140. Even as a fan and LU alum, i do not think we can hang in a high scoring affair.
:lol:
Never been happier to be wrong...now to clean up and watch the second game to see if we have another 12-13 matchup
thepostman wrote:
LUAlum1215 wrote:
thepostman wrote:My dog was not a fan of the pacing I was doing. Haha
Mine didn’t like the yelling.
My kids are sleeping and we have one rule. dont wake the children so I kept it quiet. Haha
Yeah. I'm not waking up those terrorists no matter how excited I am.
By CCWMichael
ballcoach15 wrote:This game will be decided "behind the arc".
When I saw this I was tempted to respond. I am an old school get to the boards kinda guy. This one, I am joyous that you were right and we did it!
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
WIN over an SEC school who got in foul trouble. McKay out coached Howland. And Homesley and Baxter-Bell and Cabbil carried the team.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:
thepostman wrote:
Yeah. I'm not waking up those terrorists no matter how excited I am.
I knew you'd get it.
By tyndal23
We actually didn’t even play that well for LU - I know their guard play on O and Bigs on D had a lot to do with it, but our D was very loose and uncharacteristicly undisciplined most of the night and our O wasn’t passing it around like normal - and we still grit out a win. Their Head Coach helped us a lot being overly cautious sitting his 2 studs with 4 fouls. Next game will be completely different guys stepping up ( the beauty of this team ). Getting that monkey of our back is so hard and what a win - so proud of guys making all those free throws at the end ( Sean it a 100 times where the underdogs can’t handle the heat at the end and start clanking free throws )
By 01LUGrad
Registration Days Posts
This team is good at the basketballing!

Honestly, this wasn't close to the best game they've played this year and they still knocked off an SEC team that was hitting shots all night (except for the last 5 minutes). Scottie was pretty much a non-factor and our D was questionable at times. I don't think it is a stretch at all to be thinking Sweet 16 at this point.
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
01LUGrad wrote:This team is good at the basketballing!

Honestly, this wasn't close to the best game they've played this year and they still knocked off an SEC team that was hitting shots all night (except for the last 5 minutes). Scottie was pretty much a non-factor and our D was questionable at times. I don't think it is a stretch at all to be thinking Sweet 16 at this point.
It's a stretch if you're watching VA Tech right now... They're straight up dominating St. Louis.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
St Louis wouldn't be in the tourney without getting hot in their conference tourney so they may be a bit out of their element. Liberty is much better than St Louis so will certainly give Virginia Tech trouble but it'll be a tough game to win. Will come down to the wire again I'm sure.
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
I loved the charges we drew. Their guards were quick but they drove sometimes recklessly and we took advantage and got them in foul trouble. I thought James pressed too much trying to go inside. It was a huge mismatch, MBB on the other hand...Their bigs had trouble reaching over his big body for blocks. Ritchie and co drew up an awesome game plan with the driving and kicking it out.

As for the next game, it looks like we're getting Tech. We played them tough earlier. They have one of the worst 3% defenses I believe. Just have to hit our shots and play solid defense.

Agreed Cruzan. Memphis just got $5 million a […]

New Mexico State

Crazy game, should have won it about an hour and a[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

We went from everyone on the team being 6’7&[…]

2024 Season Thread

This weekend is a big series on the road against a[…]