If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Can't wait for the 2019-2020 schedule. With him being 10 wins away from the D1 record, I would love to be in the house for that historic game
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
I went back and remembered how bad we were for so long and recant my agreement with jon on 50 to75k. Also watching lipscomb in NIT showed just how good we were to beat then twice. Also recant my statement they werent best team ever after frustrating north florida loss.

Great move today!
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote:Kevin Willard from Seton Hall for the Tech job? Anyone but McKay :lol:

https://www.roanoke.com/hokies/sports/m ... de426.html
It’s the Roanoke Times. They forget we even exist until someone in our administration says something stupid.
By gerb
Good thing we locked up McKay before the final 4. Those that know how to coach the pack line will likely see their stock go through the roof.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
gerb wrote:Good thing we locked up McKay before the final 4. Those that know how to coach the pack line will likely see their stock go through the roof.
As great as the accomplishments of this year's team were, looking at the future, the combination of Ritchie's national COY award and UVA's national championship may end up being an even bigger boost to the reputation of Liberty's basketball program and their ability to recruit elite talent down the road.
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
BlueBlood wrote:Fitting that Liberty's one shining moment is coach leading team in victory dance.
It was in the CBS March Madnness Highlight video.
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
rogers3 wrote:
BlueBlood wrote:Fitting that Liberty's one shining moment is coach leading team in victory dance.
It was in the CBS March Madnness Highlight video.
which is the "One Shining Moment" video.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Here's the link to the 'One Shining Moment" video (McKay and the LU team are at the 1:24 mark):

By BlueBlood
Cider Jim wrote:Here's the link to the 'One Shining Moment" video (McKay and the LU team are at the 1:24 mark):

I probably replayed it 5 or 6 times when it was posted after the game. I just watched it 2 more times from your link. Love this stuff. I wish they had a game highlight in there, but like I said earlier - probably fitting that it focused on coach.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Man has the moves like Jagger for sure
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
I didn’t know where to put this but thought I’d bump this thread. This isn’t the first. Certainly won’t be the last. But absolutely the biggest to date.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-bask ... rsion-1-0/

Ritchie McKay — The former Tony Bennett assistant has been on a roll at Liberty, amassing an 82-16 record over the last three seasons. McKay has led the Flames to their third straight ASUN regular season championship. Under McKay, Liberty has five consecutive 20-win seasons.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: March 16th, 2021, 1:30 pm Boooooooooooo! How dare you!
I don’t think he’s a big enough “Name” but he’d be a perfect fit in Indiana. A team identity based on tough man to man defense. An offense with an emphasis of cutting and jump shooting?
By Geraldos Mustache
McKay is developing quite a fine resume for himself. He deserves it. What a fantastic man.

I don't see any end in sight with the streak of 20-game win seasons, winning the ASUN, making NCAA Tournament appearances. Liberty and McKay are big fish in a small pond (ASUN Conference). Recruiting continues to improve. I am so excited about some of the talent coming to Liberty in the next 2 years.

McKay could be a lifer at Liberty. I hope he never leaves Lynchburg. Just need to pay him what he's worth. The exposure for the school is massive with consecutive NCAA Tournament appearances. We are (in the process of) becoming a national name in both basketball and football. So awesome!
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Talking with a friend about this last night. I am not sure Ritchie will ever leave LU. He has been there, done that. I am confident we would/could pay him enough to stay, (if it was about money). I believe he likes it here.
JK37 liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: March 16th, 2021, 5:43 pm Bite. Your. Tongue.
I’m trying to think....where could one go to find incredible shooters behind every blade of grass Study Kids taught defense from 4th grade :dontgetit And a fan base who would embrace man to man defense and the sweet sound of jump shots raining down. What Program could that be?

Ha ha. I do think they’ve already got their man. That was a big move. Especially when you consider
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: March 16th, 2021, 6:55 pm
Sly Fox wrote: March 16th, 2021, 5:43 pm Bite. Your. Tongue.
I’m trying to think....where could one go to find incredible shooters behind every blade of grass Study Kids taught defense from 4th grade :dontgetit And a fan base who would embrace man to man defense and the sweet sound of jump shots raining down. What Program could that be?

Ha ha. I do think they’ve already got their man. That was a big move. Especially when you consider
Sheesh, that’s ridiculous. It’s just basketball!

Oh yeah, we’re talking about Indiana. Nevermind.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
And to be clear, I really thought Archie Miller was a good hire.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]