If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
LU Grad 11 wrote:Davidson losing in the A-10 semifinal definitely increases our odds of securing a 12 seed. One of the saints is going to be marching into the NCAA tourney. We should be seeded better than either Saint Bonaventure or Saint Louis. Tonight, we should be rooting for San Diego State, Bowling Green, and Grand Canyon. Side note: Georgia State is looking good in their semifinal game against Texas State.
I believe a lot of the bracketologists had us as the top 13 seed, so the Davidson loss could put us up into the 12.
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
oldflame wrote:
LU Grad 11 wrote:Davidson losing in the A-10 semifinal definitely increases our odds of securing a 12 seed. One of the saints is going to be marching into the NCAA tourney. We should be seeded better than either Saint Bonaventure or Saint Louis. Tonight, we should be rooting for San Diego State, Bowling Green, and Grand Canyon. Side note: Georgia State is looking good in their semifinal game against Texas State.
I believe a lot of the bracketologists had us as the top 13 seed, so the Davidson loss could put us up into the 12.
I think we're snuggly in that last 12 seed now. The closest 13 is UC Irvine and they are ten spots worse than us in the NET.

We don't really have a history on how the committee will use the NET, but Lipscomb is better in the net than 3 teams that everyone is saying will be in over them. Here are a few:

Temple 52
Ohio State 55
TCU 56

Right now Lipscomb is 49. I guess we will find out tonight.
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
I found this on how the committee chooses the bracket. Pretty interesting. It essentially says the NET is a tool only, and the committee has to make the final call, because computers can't identify all critical variables.

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-me ... ch-madness

This is from the link:

"The NET is one of many resources/tools available to the committee in the selection, seeding and bracketing process. Computer models cannot accurately evaluate qualitative factors such as games missed by key players or coaches, travel difficulties and other effects of specific games.

Each committee member independently evaluates a vast amount of information during the process to make individual decisions. It is these qualitative, quantitative and subjective opinions -- developed after hours of personal observations, discussion with coaches, directors of athletics and commissioners, and review and comparison of various data -- that each individual ultimately will determine their vote on all issues related to selections, seeding and bracketing."
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Kricket wrote:
oldflame wrote:
I think we're snuggly in that last 12 seed now. The closest 13 is UC Irvine and they are ten spots worse than us in the NET.

We don't really have a history on how the committee will use the NET, but Lipscomb is better in the net than 3 teams that everyone is saying will be in over them. Here are a few:

Temple 52
Ohio State 55
TCU 56

Right now Lipscomb is 49. I guess we will find out tonight.
Lipscomb is not only ahead of TCU in the NET, they beat them head to head on the road. TCU going in over them would be a joke.
By LUOrange
Kricket wrote:I found this on how the committee chooses the bracket. Pretty interesting. It essentially says the NET is a tool only, and the committee has to make the final call, because computers can't identify all critical variables.

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-me ... ch-madness

This is from the link:

"The NET is one of many resources/tools available to the committee in the selection, seeding and bracketing process. Computer models cannot accurately evaluate qualitative factors such as games missed by key players or coaches, travel difficulties and other effects of specific games.

Each committee member independently evaluates a vast amount of information during the process to make individual decisions. It is these qualitative, quantitative and subjective opinions -- developed after hours of personal observations, discussion with coaches, directors of athletics and commissioners, and review and comparison of various data -- that each individual ultimately will determine their vote on all issues related to selections, seeding and bracketing."

That essentially gives them the latitude they need to favor the big boy conferences and schools like always. The NCAA will always be a biased organization, no matter what they do and say. To quote our infamous Congresswoman from Minnesota's 5th District, "It's all about the Benjamin's baby!"
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
ballah09 wrote:I saw two brackets where they have us at 12 playing Kansas State and Buffalo. Two winnable games.
Buffalo would be a very tough matchup. Just a tough style of play to defend.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
12 seed against Mississippi St.!

Common opponents are Austen Peay and Bama. They blew out Peay in their season opener while we lost by I believe 8. Both lost by single digits to Bama.

Correction. They split with Bama; winning at home and losing on the road.
By VarsityLu
When is the game and will there be a watch party on campus? I'm heading to Lynchburg Friday morning for a concert. Would LOVE to see the game on campus!
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
VarsityLu wrote:When is the game and will there be a watch party on campus? I'm heading to Lynchburg Friday morning for a concert. Would LOVE to see the game on campus!
Times have not been set yet.
Uh… You guys like reading?

I try to alternate non-fiction with fiction and […]

Wondering if you have looked into catching the n[…]

Expect it when you least expect it. Studying it is[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

Professional protestors? Let me guess funded by So[…]