If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

Jonathan Carone wrote:Regardless of the actual seed, the fact we got off the 16 line so quickly is amazing.
This is what may get missed in all the hoopla. In the Big South I was an advocate of playing those Wednesday (now Tuesday/Wednesday) games because it gave you a spotlight when you were the only show in town. You were playing a team you had a chance to beat and could get some positive attention before being lost in the wash of the first full weekend and your 1/16 match up. Now, LU should focus on being that infamous and yearly 12/5 upset.
By pca0711
Registration Days Posts
Kricket wrote:
TH Spangler wrote:
ATLANTIC SUN: LIBERTY
Previous last NCAA tournament trip: 2013
Coach: Ritchie McKay
Key player: Junior forward Scottie James
KenPom and NET ranking: 64 and 63
SI.com projected seed: No. 12
https://www.si.com/college-basketball/2 ... s-schedule
Lunardi has us at a 13 right now.

He also has us playing Florida State right now. Of course all that can change as we go through the week
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
So, East Region Sweet 16 and Elite 8 are in DC. That is within driving distance for a lot of Liberty fans. Including this guy.

Obviously that is what I want. I think I will bring this up daily until selection sunday. Sorry guys.
By LUDad
We are looking at over a week and a half between games. I hope we don't lose our edge. Teams are allow two scrimmages per year (one public & one private or two private). If LU still has their private scrimmage available would it behoove them to try and get one, perhaps against a big south school?
By LUminary
Registration Days Posts
Sports Illustrated and USA Today bracketology both have LU as a 12 seed. I wish, but bet we'll be a 13 at best. Projected opponents in those two are Maryland and Mississippi State. One game to watch tonight will be SoCon championship. UNCG could steal somebody's spot if it knocks off Wofford. Furman is still in picture but probably had its fate sealed with semi loss to UNCG. I don't see any way Lipscomb slips in. Belmont has to be ahead of them and I bet they don't get in either. NET or not, mid-majors rarely get any love.
i initially worried that i'd have to be possibly torn between Michigan (probable 3 seed) and Liberty at 14. but i don't think that will be the case anymore. unless michigan lays an egg in the big 10 tournament, both will be seeded to high to initially meet.
By LUminary
Registration Days Posts
Saint Mary's victory didn't help our chances of a 12, which I doubt would happen anyway. A 13 is fine, one of the spots where upsets often happen, and hope we get that plus a team we can match up with. It's a lot about the match up (style, size, athleticism, etc.) this time of year.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I wonder if a rematch with VA Tech might be an option. (At least one of my sources suggested it).
By LUminary
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:I wonder if a rematch with VA Tech might be an option. (At least one of my sources suggested it).
USA Today bracketology today has us as a 12 seed against the Hokies. Don't think we'll be a 12 though.
ballcoach15 wrote:Any bracket projection now is only a guess.
Nominated for the Captain Obvious Award 2019
Bracketmatrix has Liberty as the top 13 seed
http://bracketmatrix.com/

Bracketville, the top bracketologist with at least five years of data on Bracketmatrix, has Liberty as a 13 playing 4 Wisconsin
https://bracketville.wordpress.com/bracketology/

For the record, ESPN's Joe Lunardi is only the 68th highest ranked bracketologist of 127 on Bracketmatrix for the veteran group, which is Bracketologists with at least three years of data. Basically, he's good at picking the teams that make it and not much else, and frankly just picking who makes it really isn't that hard to do.
http://www.bracketmatrix.com/rankings.html
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
There are still a lot of potential bid thieves out there. If Buffalo, Utah State, and New Mexico State lose that's three slots Liberty moves up. Honestly, I'd be surprised if Liberty doesn't end up a 12, even though the bracketologists may be right to have LU at 13 right now.
Davidson losing in the A-10 semifinal definitely increases our odds of securing a 12 seed. One of the saints is going to be marching into the NCAA tourney. We should be seeded better than either Saint Bonaventure or Saint Louis. Tonight, we should be rooting for San Diego State, Bowling Green, and Grand Canyon. Side note: Georgia State is looking good in their semifinal game against Texas State.
Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

Just remember that fine academic institution, Lo[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

Half of the ads are about how Bob Good is tough on[…]

G5 Playoff Only

I would be OK with the top 2 G5 conference champio[…]

Some statistics

Of our 6 returning starters, only Roupe is hitting[…]