If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

Purple Haize wrote:
rmiller1959 wrote:
thepostman wrote:Mainly that we are a bunch of floppers and didn't deserve to win and obviously the typical anti-Christian type stuff. I haven't seen anybody giving Liberty any credit, which is insane.

I have been pretty impressed with most Liberty fans engaging with them. There have been may 1 or 2 people who take it personally but most people have been pretty gracious.
There were people on Twitter rooting against us because we are "the most anti-LGBTQ school in the nation", so they would be looking for anything negative to say about us in the aftermath of a victory. I also recall people wondering after we beat UCLA why the Bruins even dignified our existence by scheduling us. We need to accept the fact that a significant segment of basketball fans are never going to warm up to us.
BYU might take exception to some of those claims. I know Bob Jones would
Bob Jones? Aren't we talking about real college basketball? Play Basketball
the hater list will continue to grow with Jr's alliance with Trump and their tweeting. I will always appreciate LU's stance of being "politically incorrect" but I hate to see the bashing we get. Our athletes deserve better. I hope they do not engage haters, especially WHEN we make a run to the sweet 16. :D
bigsmooth wrote:the hater list will continue to grow with Jr's alliance with Trump and their tweeting. I will always appreciate LU's stance of being "politically incorrect" but I hate to see the bashing we get. Our athletes deserve better. I hope they do not engage haters, especially WHEN we make a run to the sweet 16. :D
I believe our players and staff are too mature to engage in such. I could be wrong, because athletes at this level have a healthy personality makeup. Most are type A (at least).
Coach McK has shown himself to be a perfect balance of intensity and class and will be a calming influence. Plus he has been there several times. :)
Purple Haize wrote:So this just popped up on my feed :D

With 2.7 thousand comments and nearly 4,000 shares! :shock:
Purple Haize wrote:So this just popped up on my feed :D

I bet Marburry had no idea his little forearm hit would elicit such a response. That video very clearly shows that he popped Scottie, but not with enough force to lift the big guy off the floor. Marburry is a bit nasty- I'm sure he intentionally whacked Scottie earlier on a rebound, same as the guy who intentionally yanked Scottie down when they were playing Jacksonville. That being said, he really is acrobatic...
Agree with oldflame. I am not impressed with alexanders actions at all. I think his language might not have been so clean from what i heard ha. He and RMK came across completely different to me. The teams mirrored their coaches to me. In the end it helped us. I think that smug look and whinyness really drove us to shut them up. That and the fact they were picked to win literally from preseason all the wat up until about 5:04 sunday.

After watching lipscomb 5 times and 3 times against us and once in person i will say marberry is a dirty player. No ifs about it. No doubt hes a skilled player but his constant whining and smug log along with regular dirty elbows with his up and under moves remind be of bill lainbeer. Also did anybody else notice him duck scotties handshake after game as he was crying haha. Matthews is just cocky but backs it up and pepper reminds me of bugeyed tim duncan after every foul call :shock:

They were all in on this year and we ruined it. I love it. They were a great team which made the accomplishment of what happened so awesome.
A Sea of Red wrote:The Heat: A Rivalry Is Born

http://www.aseaofred.com/the-heat-a-rivalry-is-born/
"They're soft. They play soft." I wonder if Alexander would say that now. That statement indicates one of 2 things. He was blind/stupid or he was lying. I don't think he was blind or stupid. Now why a coach would feel the need to lie to his team is a question he would need to answer.
oldflame wrote:

"They're soft. They play soft." I wonder if Alexander would say that now. That statement indicates one of 2 things. He was blind/stupid or he was lying. I don't think he was blind or stupid. Now why a coach would feel the need to lie to his team is a question he would need to answer.
I would say he thought he was motivating his guys to continue to be aggressive.
oldflame wrote:

When Newton gets in a game I would love to see him bang bodies and go to the hoop hard when he gets the ball down low.
flamehunter wrote:
oldflame wrote:

I would say he thought he was motivating his guys to continue to be aggressive.
There are other ways to do that without disingenuous insults.
Not everybody is as classy as our coach. It is ok. We won because of our superior coach.

I am good with that.

I also love how there is legit heat between the two programs. If Lipscomb can rebound from losing so much this year this could turn into a fantastic rivalry.
2024 Recruiting Discussion

I'm not a fan of Cleveland trying to play point gu[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

https://x.com/ChrisVannini/status/17825216333887[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

I bet those are a joy. Texas poltical ads are a […]

New Mexico State

1 change and a couple of tweaks. But we swung ba[…]