If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

A trip to either the NCAA or NIT tournament would be huge for us. In some ways, I might rather make NIT and win a game than be 1 and done in the big dance. We are still young and I just want to see us continue this climb... Would rather build a solid base, and I think a few post season wins would help.

Selfishly right now - I want us to make the 64 and play on National TV against a big school and compete, but know we will end up with a 16 seed and getting hammered by Duke or Gonzaga.
A Sea of Red wrote:Most NCAA Tournament bracket projections have us in the 12-13 seed range.
Project versus actual... I have no doubt they will make us a 16 seed, if we make it, maybe a 15th.
almost any other year I'd probably agree with you proto, but this year's resume is of a much higher quality. youll see the SWAC champ, probably the MAAC champ, and a few other lower rated conferences on that 16 line and heading to Dayton. I think we are a legit 12/13 this year
BJWilliams wrote:almost any other year I'd probably agree with you proto, but this year's resume is of a much higher quality. youll see the SWAC champ, probably the MAAC champ, and a few other lower rated conferences on that 16 line and heading to Dayton. I think we are a legit 12/13 this year
I hope I'm proven wrong, but history tells a different story. We have to earn respect and that takes time.
prototype wrote:A trip to either the NCAA or NIT tournament would be huge for us. In some ways, I might rather make NIT and win a game than be 1 and done in the big dance. We are still young and I just want to see us continue this climb... Would rather build a solid base, and I think a few post season wins would help.

Selfishly right now - I want us to make the 64 and play on National TV against a big school and compete, but know we will end up with a 16 seed and getting hammered by Duke or Gonzaga.
Let's not forget UMBC vs the Boo Hoos from Charlottesville last year.
prototype wrote:
BJWilliams wrote:almost any other year I'd probably agree with you proto, but this year's resume is of a much higher quality. youll see the SWAC champ, probably the MAAC champ, and a few other lower rated conferences on that 16 line and heading to Dayton. I think we are a legit 12/13 this year
I hope I'm proven wrong, but history tells a different story. We have to earn respect and that takes time.
I completely feel you based on seedings determined by committees. Those folks that make up the committees traditionally have appeared to never give us the benefit of the doubt.

But this year, not giving us the benefit of the doubt might be giving us a 13 or 14 seed if we have the auto bid.
ballcoach15 wrote:Reference 4 teams going to Dayton, i have never liked conference championship going to Dayton. It should be the last 4 at large teams that get in. Conference champs earned or won their ticket. At large teams needed love from committee.
Do you ever think before posting?
jbock13 wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:Reference 4 teams going to Dayton, i have never liked conference championship going to Dayton. It should be the last 4 at large teams that get in. Conference champs earned or won their ticket. At large teams needed love from committee.
Do you ever think ?
FIFY
jbock13 wrote:
Yes. Always.
ballcoach15 wrote:
jbock13 wrote:
Yes. Always.
Purple Haize wrote:
jbock13 wrote:
Do you ever think ?
FIFY
Thank you.
I’m actually with you on this. Making the last four in play in Dayton adds some serious drama.
ballcoach15 wrote:Those who projected LU as 5 seed in NIT shouldmgo back to drawing board.
That’s why it is inportant to see when articles were written to provide context.

Reading is fundamental. Study
jbock13 wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:Those who projected LU as 5 seed in NIT shouldmgo back to drawing board.
That’s why it is inportant to see when articles were written to provide context.

Reading is fundamental. Study
Proofreading is even more important. :fineprint
Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

Just remember that fine academic institution, Lo[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

Half of the ads are about how Bob Good is tough on[…]

G5 Playoff Only

I would be OK with the top 2 G5 conference champio[…]

Some statistics

Of our 6 returning starters, only Roupe is hitting[…]