If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Frankly, half of scotties and myos 8 fouls are straight up garbage. Several of those and 1s inside were weak too. If we pull this out its a big win because the refs have truly tilted this one.

Beyond free throws it just doesnt allow us to challenge njit in the paint at all.
By tyndal23
Perfect type win going in to Tourney - foul trouble, refs, road - better than winning by 20 going away...last 4 games should have added a layer to this team of mental toughness ( and 1 game of bitter pill of reading the press too much ). Just like we all knew for 2 months - got to win the tourney to get in - regular season champs is nothing more than a feather in the cap - really hope this squad can make it to the dance - they deserve it.
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
Co-Champs baby!

For the record, those fouls on Myo and Scottie where they boxed out and got called for a foul were horrific! They teach you that in referee class 101. Myo should not get penalized because he is thicker and stronger than anybody on the court. Same thing happened to Charles Barkley when he played. Glad to see us respond every time NJIT got our lead down to 5 points or less. Scottie vs Adbul was a fun match-up all night. That my friends is good post play basketball!
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Missed this one tonight, sounds like it was an interesting game. Good win for the boys tonight on the road.
By Equinox
Registration Days Posts
I was at the game and just could not believe how bad the officiating was in this game. Never in my life did I ever see so many phantom fouls in a basketball game. I have to give a standing ovation to Coach McKay, staff, and squad on how they maintained their composure and secured the win. Play Basketball :buttkick
By tyndal23
I think u were on camera doing the surrendur cobra on a phantom foul call early 1st half - rewatch on espn 3 ( only Flame fan I saw ) :) Ian had a good seat...
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Equinox wrote:I was at the game and just could not believe how bad the officiating was in this game. Never in my life did I ever see so many phantom fouls in a basketball game. I have to give a standing ovation to Coach McKay, staff, and squad on how they maintained their composure and secured the win. Play Basketball :buttkick
I agree ..... It was great to see Brendan jump in when James and Baxter Bell were put in foul trouble. Nice team win.
By LUDad
TH Spangler wrote:
Equinox wrote:I was at the game and just could not believe how bad the officiating was in this game. Never in my life did I ever see so many phantom fouls in a basketball game. I have to give a standing ovation to Coach McKay, staff, and squad on how they maintained their composure and secured the win. Play Basketball :buttkick
I agree ..... It was great to see Brendan jump in when James and Baxter Bell were put in foul trouble. Nice team win.
I would love to see Brendann be more physical when he's down low.
Uh… You guys like reading?

I like biographies, books about finance and human […]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

Were not done https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/s[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

I think we should do whatever Tech and UVA do as[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]