If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Kennesaw State University
Kennesaw, Georgia

KSU Hoops Official Site

Al Skinner
4th Season as KSU Head Coach

2018-2019 Schedule/Results
  • Overall ........ 5-24
    A-Sun .......... 2-12
    Road ........... 0-13

• NOV 07 - OGLETHORPE .................................... W, 68-57
    NOV 09 - @ KANSAS STATE ............................... L, 41-56
    NOV 12 - @ SAMFORD ...................................... L, 60-74

U.S. VIRGIN ISLANDS PARADISE JAM
    NOV 16 - vs. MISSOURI .................................... L, 52-55
    NOV 17 - vs. OLD DOMINION ............................ L, 47-65
    NOV 19 - vs. EASTERN KENTUCKY .................... L, 81-100

NOV 24 - BELMONT .......................................... L, 53-91
    NOV 27 - @ GEORGIA ....................................... L, 51-84
    DEC 01 - HOFSTRA ........................................... L, 52-78
    DEC 13 - @ GARDNER-WEBB ............................ L, 77-81 OT
    DEC 15 - TENNESSEE TECH ............................. W, 73-68
    DEC 18 - ELON ................................................. L, 67-76
    DEC 20 - SOUTHEASTERN .............................. W, 90-72
    DEC 28 - @ GEORGIA TECH ............................. L, 57-87
    JAN 02 - @ YALE .............................................. L, 65-92
    JAN 05 - @ NJIT* ............................................. L, 52-72
    JAN 09 - JACKSONVILLE* ................................ L, 70-90
    JAN 16 - LIBERTY* ........................................... L 41-62
    JAN 19 - FGCU* ................................................ L 59-72
    JAN 21 - @ LIPSCOMB* .................................... L 57-86
    JAN 24 - @ NORTH ALABAMA* ......................... L 71-76
    JAN 30 - NORTH FLORIDA* .............................. W 81-64
    FEB 02 - @ STETSON* ..................................... L 75-92
    FEB 06 - @ JACKSONVILLE* ............................ L 73-82
    FEB 09 - NJIT* ................................................. W 63-62
    FEB 13 - @ NORTH FLORIDA* .......................... L 57-80
    FEB 16 - LIPSCOMB* ....................................... L 67-83
    FEB 20 - NORTH ALABAMA* ............................. L 61-76
    FEB 23 - @ FGCU* ............................................ L 56-78
    FEB 26 - @ LIBERTY* ..................................... 7:00 PM
    MAR 01 - STETSON *

ASUN CONFERENCE TOURNAMENT
    MAR 04 - QUARTERFINALS
    MAR 07 - SEMIFINALS
    MAR 10 - FINALS

Key Players
    #4 Tyler Hooker
    6' 0" 150 lbs Junior Guard
    Thru 29 Games: Averaging 18.8 Pts, 4.7 Rebs & 3.0 Assists + 33-of-118 (28.0%) on 3-Pt Attempts

#33 Kosta Jankovic
    6' 8" 210 lbs Senior Forward (Serbian Native)
    In 26 Games: Averaging 7.3 Pts, 4.2 Rebs & 1.5 Assists + 19-of-57 (33.3%) on 3-Pt Attempts
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Not saying he would not have been fired, but I believe it was announced as a retirement, and considering that Skinner is 66, I'll set aside my skepticism and take their word for it. A lot of coaches stay in the game at his age if they are winning. When you are losing at the rate KSU has been, not so much.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
oldflame wrote:Not saying he would not have been fired, but I believe it was announced as a retirement, and considering that Skinner is 66, I'll set aside my skepticism and take their word for it. A lot of coaches stay in the game at his age if they are winning. When you are losing at the rate KSU has been, not so much.
I have high respect for Skinner. But this was a retire/be fired moment for sure. He took the classy way out to not hold the program hostage. And you’re right: at 66 he doesn’t need this. The recent change in AD there kind of sealed his fate unlesss they had an incredible turnaround.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote:
oldflame wrote:Not saying he would not have been fired, but I believe it was announced as a retirement, and considering that Skinner is 66, I'll set aside my skepticism and take their word for it. A lot of coaches stay in the game at his age if they are winning. When you are losing at the rate KSU has been, not so much.
I have high respect for Skinner. But this was a retire/be fired moment for sure. He took the classy way out to not hold the program hostage. And you’re right: at 66 he doesn’t need this. The recent change in AD there kind of sealed his fate unlesss they had an incredible turnaround.
Totally agree. On a side note, that new AD, Milton Overton, will no doubt be spending some time on Liberty's campus this Fall, as his son will be a FR TE on our football team.
By ALAFlamesFan
Registration Days Posts
We probably don't have to play a complete game to win this one but I really want to see us respond after Saturday's absolutely collapse down the stretch. This team continues to grow but we will have an early post season exit unless we show some maturity mentally in these last two games. We have the talent but you can't come without your "A" game at this point in the season.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
So hoping we make a run so i can catch Randy Scott and Nicole Briscoe from ESPN in Jerry's Jokers shirts
By FlamesRise
BJWilliams wrote:So hoping we make a run so i can catch Randy Scott and Nicole Briscoe from ESPN in Jerry's Jokers shirts
Sounds like the shirts are already on the way. Absolutely incredible.
By jack_sparrow81
Registration Days Posts
oldflame wrote:Loved the call of Calebs dunk on SC top 10. "He gunna lay it in? Nah. Homesley don't play that".
I’ve always wondered this for years but never got around to asking. Is there an LU alum that works for ESPN? It seems like we’re in the top plays more than we should be being a lesser known school and all.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
For the record, there is an LU alum that works for ESPN and used to post on this board during his LUnatics days. But he has nothing to do with SC Top 10 selections.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:We have better quality video than most other places our size and the staff to get the clips to ESPN in a timely manner.
I think it's a combination of that and the fact that we are also now making more plays that are top 10 "worthy" than most teams in our category .
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:We have better quality video than most other places our size and the staff to get the clips to ESPN in a timely manner.
Plus we have a good relationship and/or partnership with ESPN. I believe back several years ago, LU was 3rd school to enter into some deal with ESPN. BYU and Notre Dame we're other two
2024 Recruiting Discussion

Hopefully we are not losing out on Bond. I would s[…]

Uh… You guys like reading?

I like biographies, books about finance and human […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

I think we should do whatever Tech and UVA do as[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]