If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
Oh and one more thing:

With how frustrated we are right now just remember that Coach McKay and this team will be even MORE frustrated than we are and come out with something to prove going forward. Chalk this game up as another lesson for coach McKay to use in growing the culture of this team.
By OneHope
Credit to NF and shame on the Flames! We should not be loosing when we have a 13 point lead with 8 minutes left. It looked like we literally just tuned out when we got to 13 up. Worst final 8 minutes I’ve seen played in a long time. SMH in disbelief...wow we had a lot riding on these last 3 games...sorry for the minor rant I was just so pumped that we were back up in the conf.
Last edited by OneHope on February 23rd, 2019, 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By jimflamesfan
Registration Days Posts
One question and a thought:
If we finished tied with Lipscomb in the standings...even though Lipscomb will host the finals if both teams make it that far...if we lose to them, would we still go to the NIT?

My thought is, better to lose tonight than to come into the conference tourney overconfident. :)
I actually like our odds better of beating Lipscomb at Lipscomb than at home. :)
By Ewglenn
jimflamesfan wrote:One question and a thought:
If we finished tied with Lipscomb in the standings...even though Lipscomb will host the finals if both teams make it that far...if we lose to them, would we still go to the NIT?

My thought is, better to lose tonight than to come into the conference tourney overconfident. :)
I actually like our odds better of beating Lipscomb at Lipscomb than at home. :)
Maybe as an at large. Autobid is as good as gone.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
ballah09 wrote:One the worst coached games from Ritchie. I don't know what the heck I just witnessed.
It took a long time to get the offence on a roll in this one. Then the last 9 mins he was more interested in the clock than North Florida. :? Great effort by James though.
By CCWMichael
Wow, just wow is all I have to say.
I saw none of the game. Just read stats and our lack of performance in hitting the three (again) blew big time.
Big letdown game.

Now it is up to the Atlantic (oops) A-SUN tourney.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
CCWMichael wrote:Just read stats...
The stat that stood out the most to me was that our two shooting guards (Cabbil & McGhee) went 1 for 10 for 2 points. :shock:
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:
CCWMichael wrote:Just read stats...
The stat that stood out the most to me was that our two shooting guards (Cabbil & McGhee) went 1 for 10 for 2 points. :shock:
What stood out for me was our last 13 possession we missed 5 shots and turned the ball over 6 times.
2024 Recruiting Discussion

When you have a chance to pick up a talent like th[…]

2024 Season Thread

This weekend is a big series on the road against a[…]

https://i.postimg.cc/bJsNVRB7/20240416-152017.jp[…]

New Mexico State

Final home CUSA 3 game series, starts tonight. NM[…]