If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

Is this the best Liberty MBB team of all-time?

Yes
60%
No
8%
If they make NCAAs
27%
If they make NIT or NCAAs
6%
Could our 2019-2020 team beat UCLA, Mississippi State, or another SEC team? Those are questions we will never be able to answer. :dontgetit
By phoenix
Registration Days Posts
If we are doing things right, the current year's team should always be the best of all time. We should be getting better every year right now as we improve the players we have and gain national attention, which gets us into the minds of better prospects.

It doesn't always work that way, and it won't always be true, but I think it's should be the mindset where our program is right now.
ballcoach15, LUOrange liked this
I agree. In the past, almost every LU team in every sport, went backwards the year after reaching NCAA tournament. This season's basketball team is the only one I can recall returning to NCAA post season.
phoenix wrote: March 22nd, 2020, 12:48 pm If we are doing things right, the current year's team should always be the best of all time. We should be getting better every year right now as we improve the players we have and gain national attention, which gets us into the minds of better prospects.

It doesn't always work that way, and it won't always be true, but I think it's should be the mindset where our program is right now.
No, it doesn't always work that way and it won't, but the trend needs to be upward, with an occasional dip. Next year we are going from an "old" team to a very young one. A bit of a dip should be expected, but an impact transfer could go a long way toward mitigating that.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: March 22nd, 2020, 1:00 pm I agree. In the past, almost every LU team in every sport, went backwards the year after reaching NCAA tournament. This season's basketball team is the only one I can recall returning to NCAA post season.
Women’s Basketball? Track & Field?
DOE Report

Looks like the DOE is getting warmed up... Gra[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

PH do you think Claudia Tenney would be a good VP […]

Some statistics

So, who is the new hitting coach that Coach Dot wi[…]

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty worthl[…]