If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Jonathan Carone
Lipscomb does not like that they aren’t controlling this game. They’re whining about a lot of things and you can tell they’re frustrated.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
I trust coach McKay explicitly. However, I would like to see that McGee guy play more. I love watching him play.
By LUminary
Registration Days Posts
Going to have to stress this one out. Finish it guys.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
A lot of fight in this team.

They really did a great job frustrating this team. I have a feeling these two teams will see each other again.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
The circles on the Lipscomb players arms? Is that from cupping? Noticed it last time we played them. Great game by the guys. My favorite #2, really put the dagger in with that late 3, shows some ice water in his veins. He should really be a major force for us in the future years.
Last edited by flameshaw on February 14th, 2019, 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Just John
Registration Days Posts
flameshaw wrote:The circles on the Lipscomb players arms? Is that from cupping? Noticed it last time we played them. Great game by the guys. My favorite #2, really put the dagger in, shows some ice water in his veins. He should really be a major force for us in the future years.
Yes on the cupping.

Happy Birthday Flameshaw
By LUminary
Registration Days Posts
Fine win right there!
By OneHope
We did it!!!!! What a game!! Proud of these guys!!!
Shocked by how few student fans than seem to have. How embarrassing for them.
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
I didn't think we could pull that one out. Heck of a win. It'll be interesting how close we get to Lipscomb in the NET rankings after that win.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Revenge is a dish best served flame grilled...
Nice win tonight for our guys
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Chippy wrote:This will be a mountain to climb. Lost by 20 points at home and now we play them at their place where they average 93 PPG. We will have to play lights out to prevail. If they had scored 10 more points in 3 of their losses they could be 23-1. I'm sure we'll give it the ol' college try and make a game of it and not get behind 33 points like last game before losing by 20.
You're basic mountain top experience. Held them 30 points below their average at home (94 PPG). Play Basketball
By Jonathan Carone
OneHope wrote:Shocked by how few student fans than seem to have. How embarrassing for them.
They only have 2900 undergrads in the entire school.
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
I have NEVER been this excited for an LU team! The sky is the limit for these guys and Kyle Rode coming in next year will be a huge blessing for the next 4 years.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Listened to the game on the radio because I'm too cheap to pay for ESPN+. So proud of McKay and his team for getting the WIN on the road. At least on the radio, the Lipscomb fans sounded very loud. Do we have an attendance number?
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
That was a big time win. Maybe the best since ive been an lu fan. It started right out of the gate with scottie showing he was going to go head to head with marberry. It also helps that we made some shots early from 3.

They cry and whine over every call. Would love to sink their senior laden season in our firsr year in the league.

As i posted earlier i think we can get there but we have to win and win convincingly in several games. Fgcu will not be easy for them either.
By GoLU_13_21
Cider Jim wrote:Listened to the game on the radio because I'm too cheap to pay for ESPN+. So proud of McKay and his team for getting the WIN on the road. At least on the radio, the Lipscomb fans sounded very loud. Do we have an attendance number?
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Just John wrote:
flameshaw wrote:The circles on the Lipscomb players arms? Is that from cupping? Noticed it last time we played them. Great game by the guys. My favorite #2, really put the dagger in, shows some ice water in his veins. He should really be a major force for us in the future years.
Yes on the cupping.

Happy Birthday Flameshaw
Thank you JJ, hope you are doing well. I will have my people call your people soon.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
flameshaw wrote:The circles on the Lipscomb players arms? Is that from cupping?
I played basketball in high school, but I don't know what "cupping" is. :dontgetit Please explain.
By Nate-FlamesFan
Cupping is a massage technique using bulbs (cups) to create strong suction. It leaves large round hickey looking marks on the body.
DOE Report

Looks like the DOE is getting warmed up... Gra[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

PH do you think Claudia Tenney would be a good VP […]

Some statistics

So, who is the new hitting coach that Coach Dot wi[…]

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty worthl[…]