If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Lipscomb University
Nashville, Tennessee

Lipscomb Hoops Official Site

Allen Arena
Opened in 2001 - Seats 5028

Casey Alexander
6th Season as Lispcomb Head Coach

2018-2019 Schedule/Results
  • Overall ....... 20-4
    A-Sun ......... 11-0
    Home ......... 11-1

• NOV 06 - Sewanee ............................. W 97-53
    NOV 10 - Tennessee State .................. W 86-79
    NOV 15 - Belmont ............................... L 87-83
    NOV 17 - @ SMU ................................. W 79-73
    NOV 20 - @ #18 TCU ........................... W 73-64
    NOV 25 - @ Morehead State ............... W 87-55
    DEC 01 - @ Middle Tennessee ............ W 84-74
    DEC 04 - @ Belmont ........................... L 76-74
    DEC 09 - Navy .................................... W 107-81
    DEC 12 - @ Louisville .......................... L 72-68
    DEC 17 - Covenant ............................. W 119-48
    DEC 21 - Vermont .............................. W 91-66
    DEC 30 - @ Clemson ........................... L 84-67
    JAN 05 - @ Jacksonville* ................... W 77-74
    JAN 09 - North Florida* ...................... W 81-66
    JAN 12 - Stetson* ............................... W 95-71
    JAN 16 - @ NJIT* ................................ W 70-52
    JAN 21 - Kennesaw State* .................. W 86-57
    JAN 24 - FGCU* .................................. W 89-81
    JAN 27 - @ Stetson* ........................... W 88-65
    JAN 29 - @ Liberty* ............................ W 79-59
    FEB 02 - North Alabama* ................... W 102-80
    FEB 06 - @ North Florida* .................. W 92-55
    FEB 09 - Jacksonville* ........................ W 86-77
    FEB 13 - Liberty* ................................ 6:20 PM CT
    FEB 16 - @ Kennesaw State*
    FEB 20 - @ FGCU*
    FEB 25 - NJIT*
    MAR 01 - @ North Alabama*

ASUN TOURNAMENT
    MAR 04 - Quarterfinal
    MAR 07 - Semifinal
    MAR 10 - Championship

Key Players

#0 Rob Marberry
    6' 7" 211 lbs Senior Forward (Western Kentucky Transfer)
    In 21 Games: Averaging 14.5 Pts, 4.5 Rebs & 2.3 Assists + 61.8 FG%

#2 Ahsan Asadullah
    6' 9" 277 lbs Freshman Center
    Thru 24 Games: Averaging 8.0 Pts, 5.0 Rebs & .8 Assists + 57.7 FG%

#21 Kenny Cooper
    6' 0" 187 lbs Junior Guard
    In 23 Games: Averaging 9.8 Pts, 3.2 Rebs, 2.4 Assists & 2.0 Steals + 16-of-345 (35.6%) on 3-Pt Attempts

#22 Eli Pepper
    6' 8" 210 lbs Senior Forward
    Thru 24 Games: Averaging 8.2 Pts, 7.5 Rebs & 1.5 Assists + 16-of-37 (43.2%) on 3-Pt Attempts + 58.3 FG%

#24 Garrison Mathews
    6' 5" 204 lbs Senior Guard
    Thru 23 Games: Averaging 19.8 Pts, 5.2 Rebs & 2.0 Assists + 69-of-162 (42.6%) on 3-Pt Attempts + 83.5 FT%
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
I still think they are the best team weve played this year including tech. Marberry pepper and matthews is the best trio as well. We will have to shoot the lights out to beat them imho.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
jinxy wrote:I still think they are the best team weve played this year including tech. Marberry pepper and matthews is the best trio as well. We will have to shoot the lights out to beat them imho.
All 3 of those guys are Seniors. This is the Bison's year to get it done. Unless they have some real studs in the pipeline I'm not aware of, they will be rebuilding next year.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
So has anyone (most likely Jon or Damien) found out what the tie-breakers would be if we somehow beat Lipscomb and end up in a tie for first?
By CCWMichael
Given our last few performances.Chances of a loss happening again, good.
I think we lose this one. I wish it were not true and I hope I am wrong but we are outmatched IMHO.
By A Sea of Red
Posts Custom
oldflame wrote:So has anyone (most likely Jon or Damien) found out what the tie-breakers would be if we somehow beat Lipscomb and end up in a tie for first?
If we both finish tied at 15-1, tie-breaker is NET rankings.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
A Sea of Red wrote:
oldflame wrote:So has anyone (most likely Jon or Damien) found out what the tie-breakers would be if we somehow beat Lipscomb and end up in a tie for first?
If we both finish tied at 15-1, tie-breaker is NET rankings.
Then it looks like they will be the top seed unless somebody else beats them too and we win out. No way we move ahead of them in the NET based just on a win tomorrow.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
I thought the same thing initially but upon looking at both team's remaining schedules i think we have a punchers chance. 2 main reasons: 4 of our last 5 are on the road including @ NJIT which is easily the 3rd highest NET ranking in Asun at 175 (next up is FGCU & NFU sitting at 232 and 233. Assuming wins @ NFU for us and at FGCU for them they would cancel each other out. We both have North Alabama on the road which cancels. We have KSU at home and they have them on the road, almost guaranteed wins that will do nothing. They have NJIT at home and we have them on the road.

The other key piece is Lipscomb is sitting at 30 right now. If we somehow won that would be our top NET win of the season. You have to think that moves us up around 10-12 spots maybe 15. They likely fall 5 to 7 spots. When Lipscomb beat us we were sitting around 45 I believe so they are significantly higher than we were when they beat us.

That leads us to NJIT. Assume they win @ home against them and if we can win by double digits again on the road then we are both sitting neck and neck around low 40's i would guess.

None of it matters if we can't beat them tomorrow but if we can pull the upset and then carry serve against NFU, NAU & KSU then that last game against NJIT could loom large. We would also need NJIT to avoid any more damaging losses like the one they just took ha.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
This will be a mountain to climb. Lost by 20 points at home and now we play them at their place where they average 93 PPG. We will have to play lights out to prevail. If they had scored 10 more points in 3 of their losses they could be 23-1. I'm sure we'll give it the ol' college try and make a game of it and not get behind 33 points like last game before losing by 20.
By LUDad
I believe the most important aspect to this game is that if we win and go 15 & 1, we still get an automatic bid to the NIT if Lipscomb wins the tournment.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
LUDad wrote:I believe the most important aspect to this game is that if we win and go 15 & 1, we still get an automatic bid to the NIT if Lipscomb wins the tournment.
While that is true, IMHO it would be highway robbery if we did not get an NIT bid regardless. Just look at some of the teams that have been in that tournament in recent years. :roll:
By LUDad
Given our history of getting into the better tournaments, I would still be sitting on pins and needles waiting for the bid to come through if it were not automatic...
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
NIT is about more than just the 32 best teams not to make the NCAA tourney. Gotta make money. Need marquee teams.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
I am somewhat conflicted about this game. Part of me wants us to lose, because of the hard to beat a team 3 times thing and I want us to win the tournament. The other part of me wants us to win, hoping that the confidence of doing so, may help us beat them in the tournament, if we meet each other there.
We are playing a good game so far.
By tyndal23
Did trying to double their big last game make that much difference for our D? Looks completely different tonight
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
tyndal23 wrote:Did trying to double their big last game make that much difference for our D? Looks completely different tonight
It made it harder to close out on shooters

It has also helped that we have made a few outside shots.
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
Lipscomb still looks like the better team, but the intensity Liberty has brought to the game has made the difference. Hopefully they keep it up in the second half and shots keep falling and we walk away with the upset, but it feels like a nail biter to me.
Election 2022 and 2024

Half of the ads are about how Bob Good is tough on[…]

G5 Playoff Only

I would be OK with the top 2 G5 conference champio[…]

Some statistics

Of our 6 returning starters, only Roupe is hitting[…]

I'm not sure why anyone thought online would eve[…]