If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By CCWMichael
CCWMichael wrote:Given our last few performances.Chances of a loss happening again, good.
I think we lose this one. I wish it were not true and I hope I am wrong but we are outmatched IMHO.
wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong.
Glad I was. Who the heck was that team out there? What a performance.
I was at church all night and I was pumped when I saw us up by 13 in the first half ----
We beat a very strong team and showed we belong.
Maintain this type of drive and we can make a splash.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:Tonight’s another reason moving to the ASun was good for is. We had TobyMac and Karen Kingsbury in the stands watching us.
I had to google who Karen Kingsbury was....I'm not sure what that says about me.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:
Jonathan Carone wrote:Tonight’s another reason moving to the ASun was good for is. We had TobyMac and Karen Kingsbury in the stands watching us.
I had to google who Karen Kingsbury was....I'm not sure what that says about me.
Same here. I was assuming she was a contemp. Christian singer. Wow! 25 million books in print. She probably uses her salary as an adjunct professor of writing at LU to pay her kid's allowance. 8) Former sports writer for the LA times, so it makes sense she would be into a basketball game
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Was this the BIGGEST win ever for our men's basketball team? Nah, I can't put it ahead of any of the 3 BSC championship games that got us into the Big Dance. I also would put our first wins over VT and UVA ahead of it (even though the teams we beat were really not very good) because they were milestones in showing we could compete with the state "big boys".

Was it the BEST win ever? I've been thinking about that, and I believe it was. I certainly think they are the best team we have ever beaten
By Class of 20Something
oldflame wrote:Was this the BIGGEST win ever for our men's basketball team? Nah, I can't put it ahead of any of the 3 BSC championship games that got us into the Big Dance. I also would put our first wins over VT and UVA ahead of it (even though the teams we beat were really not very good) because they were milestones in showing we could compete with the state "big boys".

Was it the BEST win ever? I've been thinking about that, and I believe it was. I certainly think they are the best team we have ever beaten
+1 Thank you for reconciling this for me.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
The UCLA win will turn heads of recruits, their parents, and LU fans/strangers; but for those who really know college basketball, Lipscomb was definitely the BEST team that we beat this year (and maybe ever).
Last edited by Cider Jim on February 14th, 2019, 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Here's the thing down the stretch. If we both win out, having both beaten each other on each other's floor, it will come down to NET to determine the top seed. Add to that, if we end up playing in a rubber match in the ASUN tournament final, you have to think both teams will be in the discussion for the Big Dance, regardless who wins
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:The UCLA win will turn heads of recruits, their parents, and LU fans/strangers; but for those who really know college basketball, this was definitely the BEST team that we beat this year (and maybe ever).
I was hopeful about the UCLA win when it looked like they had righted the ship with 3 straight wins following the coaching change. Since then they are 3-6 (6-6 under Bartow) and in their last game they needed OT to beat a really bad Cal team that has now lost 13 straight. It no longer counts as a quality win for any selection committee.
By flamesfilmguy
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:Here's the thing down the stretch. If we both win out, having both beaten each other on each other's floor, it will come down to NET to determine the top seed. Add to that, if we end up playing in a rubber match in the ASUN tournament final, you have to think both teams will be in the discussion for the Big Dance, regardless who wins
There is almost no chance the A sun is a 2 bid league unless something crazy happens.
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
gutty win with the foul trouble we were in down the stretch. I honestly thought we would lose. I will says Lipscomb has to be the whiniest team I have seen in a long time. questioning every call....
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:We had TobyMac and Karen Kingsbury in the stands watching us.
Darn, my sources had the same breaking news, but Super Jon beat me to it. Crybaby
By Class of 20Something
bigsmooth wrote:gutty win with the foul trouble we were in down the stretch. I honestly thought we would lose. I will says Lipscomb has to be the whiniest team I have seen in a long time. questioning every call....
Especially after getting spotted 8 points off phantom calls in the final 5.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Those who totally dismiss at large opportunity for asun might want to look at recent history. Both liberty and lipscomb played the the
Non conference slate to get consideration. I would never say its a slam dunk but its 50/50 imho if both teams win their 4 reg season games plus 2 tourney games and then loser of title game.

Truth is net is new and we dont know how committee will regard it. Both teams should end up in mid 40s which will be enough to warrant strong consideration.

If we lose in title game and win the rest and dont make it that austin peay loss will make us sick.
By Class of 20Something
The goal of the NET was to make sure that a Top 40 never missed the dance. Lipscomb is probably safe if they lose the conference final. Liberty is not. We control our own destiny.
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
I agree with what was already said but the fact it's being brought up by the likes of Lunardi and other pundits is a big win. Hopefully this will get all the ASUN schools to limit the non d1 games to 1.

Agreed Cruzan. Memphis just got $5 million a […]

New Mexico State

Crazy game, should have won it about an hour and a[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

We went from everyone on the team being 6’7&[…]

2024 Season Thread

This weekend is a big series on the road against a[…]