If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

JK37 wrote:Mount St. Mary’s is still heavily influenced by the Catholic Church. The seminary is technically separate, but still-on-campus and the most powerful entity.
They used to own us on a regular basis...old Jim Phelan.
4 team tourney held ANNUALLY, with Liberty, Grand Canyon and Oral Roberts playing every year and rotating hosting. The 4th team picked each Spring/Summer from a pool of Evangelical non D1 schools based on who projected to be the strongest in the coming season.
SumItUp wrote:I've been on the campus multiple times. I have friends on staff and they would say that they understand PH's viewpoint.
I had a friend who was a Dean there. I laughed when he mentioned they were “faith based”. Then he said “ I did say ‘were’”.
Purple Haize wrote:
SumItUp wrote:I've been on the campus multiple times. I have friends on staff and they would say that they understand PH's viewpoint.
I had a friend who was a Dean there. I laughed when he mentioned they were “faith based”. Then he said “ I did say ‘were’”.

Remind you of anyone locally? GCU is EATING Liberty's lunch in multiple aspects of operations, including online. In fact, they are the "World's Largest Christian University". They just don't see the need to advertise it.
Kolzilla41 wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:

Remind you of anyone locally? GCU is EATING Liberty's lunch in multiple aspects of operations, including online. In fact, they are the "World's Largest Christian University". They just don't see the need to advertise it.
Hyperbole much? Yes, they have surpassed us in on-line enrollment, and we no longer promote ourselves in those terms. They do have a better basketball game day experience (one of the best anywhere) although we have closed the gap a bit there. More importantly, we have the better team this year. 8)
If we went Evangelical only for a faith based tournament then my 4 would be:

-Liberty University
-Samford University
-Charleston Southern
-Baylor University

If we just went by faith-based:
(8 team)
-Liberty University
-Baylor University
-Notre Dame
-Gonzaga (private Roman Catholic School)
-SMU
-Depaul (catholic)
-Loyola Chicago
-BYU
FlamesHighontheTide wrote:If we went Evangelical only for a faith based tournament then my 4 would be:

-Liberty University
-Samford University
-Charleston Southern
-Baylor University

(8 team)
-Liberty University
-Baylor University
-Notre Dame
-SMU
-Depaul (catholic)
-Loyola Chicago
-BYU
I thought Gonzaga was Jesuit?
BJWilliams wrote:
FlamesHighontheTide wrote:If we went Evangelical only for a faith based tournament then my 4 would be:

-Liberty University
-Samford University
-Charleston Southern
-Baylor University

(8 team)
-Liberty University
-Baylor University
-Notre Dame
-SMU
-Depaul (catholic)
-Loyola Chicago
-BYU
The Jesuits are an order of the Catholic church.
oldflame wrote:
BJWilliams wrote:

-Liberty University
-Samford University
-Charleston Southern
-Baylor University

(8 team)
-Liberty University
-Baylor University
-Notre Dame
-SMU
-Depaul (catholic)
-Loyola Chicago
-BYU
The Jesuits are an order of the Catholic church.
I did not know that...thanks
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]