If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Damien Sordelett
Registration Days Posts
"You can talk about the Virginia style of defense and you can talk about efficiency on both ends of the floor and all the good things that are on paper, but you don’t get any of that if the kids don’t believe in what you’re doing and if they don’t play together." -- Lipscomb coach Casey Alexander on facing Liberty Tuesday night

https://www.newsadvance.com/sports/libe ... f27a2.html
By Class of 20Something
Damien Sordelett wrote:"You can talk about the Virginia style of defense and you can talk about efficiency on both ends of the floor and all the good things that are on paper, but you don’t get any of that if the kids don’t believe in what you’re doing and if they don’t play together." -- Lipscomb coach Casey Alexander on facing Liberty Tuesday night

https://www.newsadvance.com/sports/libe ... f27a2.html
The Great George Halas once said "Find out what the other team wants to do and take it away from them." Coach Alexander is no fool. Jacksonville has the formula, not the personnel. Lipscomb might have both. The key to the game for Lipscomb is to break our will as early as possible. Our key to the game is to make them play our game. Waste clock, score points, choke their offense.

Flames get it done with an insane crowd and adoration for Liberty basketball is resurrected.
By CCWMichael
Big game = big nerves .... for me.
I think (I am hoping) I will be able to listen this evening.
As a fan I love and hate big game pre game jitters... during the game I am a wet towel.
We all know both teams bring stout stuff to the table. It will be fun and I just hope it's fun afterwards.
GO FLAMES Play Basketball
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:I am really hoping for 6,000+. There is a ton of buzz but who knows if it'll translate
I think the crowd will be big tonight. As long as weather holds out - should be the biggest crowd we have seen in many years. Now, Liberty needs to take care of business and give everyone a reason to come back. They have to win this game... No pressure....
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
prototype wrote:
thepostman wrote:I am really hoping for 6,000+. There is a ton of buzz but who knows if it'll translate
I think the crowd will be big tonight. As long as weather holds out - should be the biggest crowd we have seen in many years. Now, Liberty needs to take care of business and give everyone a reason to come back. They have to win this game... No pressure....
I don't think a hard-fought loss tonight would be a total buzzkill. I believe people realize how good Lipscomb is. If we go out there and lay an egg it will be a different matter. Because of the way this team is built, I'm pretty confident that won't happen, but of course it could. No pressure.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Looks like we are going with the throwbacks. I'd be interested in knowing if those unis are actual replicates of a particular year, but the more I think about it, I don't believe they are. Probably just a generic design representing someones conception of what a decades-old uniform should look like.
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
oldflame wrote:Looks like we are going with the throwbacks. I'd be interested in knowing if those unis are actual replicates of a particular year, but the more I think about it, I don't believe they are. Probably just a generic design representing someones conception of what a decades-old uniform should look like.
Aren't they going with their all red uniforms tonight? Got that impression from facebook post asking us all to wear red...
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
prototype wrote:
oldflame wrote:Looks like we are going with the throwbacks. I'd be interested in knowing if those unis are actual replicates of a particular year, but the more I think about it, I don't believe they are. Probably just a generic design representing someones conception of what a decades-old uniform should look like.
Aren't they going with their all red uniforms tonighht? Got that impression from facebook post asking us all to wear red...
Based on this tweet and the poll they had, I'm pretty sure it will be the throwbacks on the team, with a "red-out" the goal for the crowd.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
CCWMichael wrote:Big game = big nerves .... for me.
I think (I am hoping) I will be able to listen this evening.
As a fan I love and hate big game pre game jitters... during the game I am a wet towel.
We all know both teams bring stout stuff to the table. It will be fun and I just hope it's fun afterwards.
GO FLAMES Play Basketball
Same for me, and I do not like close games, especially in basketball. Regardless of sport, I like for game to "be over" by halftime. (with my team winning)
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
If we can get nearly 5k for North Florida, I’m very optimistic we can get 6-6500k.

Game is getting tweeted by a lot of the big timers in CBB, so hopefully that will help with the locals. As for the game, I just hope we show up in the first half. Lipscomb is too good of a team to allow us to have those mini stretches where we comeback and pull away.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
We are leaving tomorrow morning for a short family trip and I cant focus on the stuff I need to get completed before that. I haven't been this excited for an LU sporting event in a long, long time.
By CCWMichael
A Sea of Red wrote:We are going to be doing a Facebook Live video from the Vines previewing tonight's game around 6pm. Make sure you're following us there. We hope to have a couple special guests as well.

https://www.facebook.com/ASeaofRed

Still happening? Not seeing anything on facebook.
By Class of 20Something
Sitting in demoss overhearing conversations. In addition to people constantly talking about Jesus(never change Liberty) 3 conversations have been "where are you going?" "to the game!" "us too come with us"
By CCWMichael
Class of 20Something wrote:Sitting in demoss overhearing conversations. In addition to people constantly talking about Jesus(never change Liberty) 3 conversations have been "where are you going?" "to the game!" "us too come with us"
Awesome-sauce
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
"In addition to people constantly talking about Jesus(never change Liberty)" - Classof20Something

This right here is why I love LU. The daily conversations about Christ and the discipleship that comes from it always take the cake for me.

Now, BEAT LIPSCOMB!
By CCWMichael
CCWMichael wrote:Did facebook ban us?
conspiracy theories ..

JR pulled the plug?
Ballcoach15 was angry we were not doing softball?
By CCWMichael
A Sea of Red wrote:We did Facebook Live, hopefully you got to see it.
Yes. I thought it was interrupted, really was difficult hearing you guys but loved it
Election 2022 and 2024

A congresswoman from a blue state gets you nothi[…]

Some statistics

Sometimes coaches will try to implement a philosop[…]

Just remember that fine academic institution,[…]

DOE Report

Gotta love presidential election season :roll: