If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
University of North Alabama
Florence, Alabama

UNA Hoops Official Site

Tony Pujol
1st Season as UNA Head Coach

2018-2019 Schedule/Results
  • Overall .......... 7-13
    A-SUN ........... 4-1
    AWAY ............ 1-12

NOV 06 - @ SAMFORD .......................................... L 74-91
    NOV 10 - BLUE MOUNTAIN ................................... W 72-59
    NOV 13 - @ SAINT LOUIS ...................................... L 58-69
    NOV 17 - @ PITTSBURGH ..................................... L 66-71
    NOV 20 - MARTIN METHODIST ............................. W 80-68
    NOV 24 - @ TROY ................................................. L 58-77
    NOV 28 - @ TOLEDO ............................................. L 59-80
    DEC 01 - JACKSONVILLE STATE ............................ L 65-76
    DEC 04 - @ UAB ..................................................... L 67- 73
    DEC 13 - HUNTINGDON ........................................ W 90-58
    DEC 15 - @ UNC-GREENSBORO ............................ L 48-53
    DEC 18 - @ JACKSONVILLE STATE ........................ L 50-64
    DEC 21 - @ VMI ...................................................... L 68-89
    DEC 28 - @ #7 GONZAGA ...................................... L 51-96
    DEC 30 - @ EASTERN ILLINOIS ............................. L 70-81
    JAN 05 - @ NORTH FLORIDA* ............................... L 67-96
    JAN 08 - FLORIDA GULF COAST* ........................... W 61-56
    JAN 12 - NJIT* ...................................................... W 61-55
    JAN 16 - @ JACKSONVILLE* ................................. W 91-88
    JAN 19 - STETSON* .............................................. W 63-62
    JAN 21 - @ LIBERTY* ............................................ 7:00 PM ET
    JAN 24 - KENNESAW STATE*
    JAN 27 - @ NJIT*
    FEB 02 - @ LIPSCOMB*
    FEB 06 - @ FLORIDA GULF COAST*
    FEB 09 - NORTH FLORIDA*
    FEB 16 - LIBERTY*
    FEB 20 - @ KENNESAW STATE*
    FEB 23 - @ STETSON*
    FEB 26 - JACKSONVILLE*
    MAR 01 - LIPSCOMB*

ASUN Tournament
    MAR 04-10

Key Players
    #2 Christian Agnew
    6' 2" 180 lbs Freshman Guard
    Thru 20 Games: Averaging 10.3 Pts, 3.1 Rebs & .8 Assists

#3 Jamari Blackmon
    6' 0" 195 lbs Freshman Guard
    Thru 20 Games: Averaging 15.7 Pts, 3.5 Rebs, 2.8 Assists & 1.5 Steals + 46-of-156 (29.5%) on 3-Pt Attempts

#11 Kendarius Smith
    5' 10" 170 lbs Senior Guard (JUCO Transfer)
    Thru 20 Games: Averaging 12.3 Pts, 4.3 Rebs & 2.5 Assists + 42-of-129 (32.6%) on 3-Pt Attempts
By CapnMac
I'll be curious to see how the attendance is for this game. Fantastic turnout on Saturday, but how will it be on a weekday game? Especially since many residential students take online classes and online homework is due on Monday nights.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Upon my initial scan of their schedule, it appears they have played a lot of low scoring games. Sounds as if they drain the shot clock.
By Wvflame2013
PAFlame wrote:Pretty awful half of basketball. I fully expect the team to turn it completely around 2nd half.
I couldn't hear what McKay said going into the lock room but I am guessing he's not pleased.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Great 2nd half that was much needed. Ever since those 2 St. Pete games Myo has really stepped it out. Did what we should do to a team like that. Can't overlook Jacksonville Sunday to set-up that game with Lipscomb.

Our schedule is going to be really difficult down the stretch 4 of the last 5 on the road including Lipscomb, North Florida, NJIT & North Alabama with a home game with KSU sandwiched in there. I think FGCU being so down really messed up the scheduling as that was probably looked at as a very tough road game to start conference play.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Hopefully we'll have a much bigger/louder crowd next Tuesday!! Where have our cheerleaders been? The band seems to have taken on both the music and now the cheerleading.
By Wvflame2013
We have some really dumb fans. And these weren't students but adults.. Some behind me had a very low basketball iq. They started saying that they couldn't believe that mayo made a free throw because he sucks at them. I turned around and told them he shoots 70%. They then said but he sucked last year..... But he shot it better at 80%... :roll:
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:This team is certiantly a 2nd half team.
I've been wondering if the fact that McKay plays so many players hasn't contributed to the team having more energy in the second half.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Kricket wrote:
I've been wondering if the fact that McKay plays so many players hasn't contributed to the team having more energy in the second half.
It's a combination of depth and Henry Barrera.
By Wvflame2013
oldflame wrote:
Kricket wrote:
It's a combination of depth and Henry Barrera.
One thing I noticed was that una only brought 10 players. At the end they had to throw in #4, lanky white kid because their bigs and team were gassed.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Wvflame2013 wrote:We have some really dumb fans. And these weren't students but adults.. Some behind me had a very low basketball iq. They started saying that they couldn't believe that mayo made a free throw because he sucks at them. I turned around and told them he shoots 70%. They then said but he sucked last year..... But he shot it better at 80%... :roll:
I'm just glad they are there. :welcome
If they keep coming to games, they will also begin to follow the team and get "coached up" on stuff like that.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
To paraphrase Ballcoach, you're only as good as your last free throw. Play Basketball
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
I said we have depth, and in terms of the way minutes are distributed to our top 9 players, that is true. Fact is though, with Preston and Price redshirting, we only have 11 available and Zach and Brendon aren't playing much. It's no secret I'm a Newton fan, and I really believe if he can keep making FTs the way he did tonight, he will start to get more meaningful minutes.
LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]