If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By cruzan_flame13
Jonathan Carone wrote:Attendance: 4958

That’s dang near perfect. If we could draw that consistently, I’d be thrilled.
If the Fire Pit,Jerry’s Jokers and Johnathan Bennett continue to promote the home games, then it’s a big possibility.
By phoenix
Registration Days Posts
Crowd made me remember the old days in the Schilling Center when it was SRO for some basketball games (I watched one whole game standing by the door, inside just far enough to see).
By OneHope
Great turn out tonight!!! The team had a real gut check. NF played very aggressive Defense and we had quite a challenge since our 3s were not happening. The crowd really made the game atmosphere so much better!! I hope it continues ....my voice is done. Good to see Jerry Jr there again and no matter how you feel about him Coach Freeze was there and he shook my hand as he passed along with everyone else in the row and he was taking lots of selfies with the students.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
tyndal23 wrote:Haven’t heard McCracken once - is he there or is crowd just drowning him out ?
He was there and neutralized. Play Basketball
By OneHope
alabama24 wrote:
tyndal23 wrote:Haven’t heard McCracken once - is he there or is crowd just drowning him out ?
Neutralized....good word ....thought maybe he had a cold or something in fact Idont think I ever heard him tonight always appreciate his support for the team though...just not the screech
By Baldspot1
Sly Fox wrote:I am curious to know how well connected Georgie & Ivan may be from their past experiences in PR.
TV announcers said they were best of friends growing up.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
cruzan_flame13 wrote:What a game! Although this was not the best game the boys have played, they sure pulled it off. The atmosphere was a sight to see watching on ESPN+. I hope it will remain like that and the boys stay focus. 5-0 in a new conference is great to obtain! UNA is on a warm streak, so this should not be brushed aside.
And they got the win last night on a halfcourt buzzer beater so theyll be flying high heading into the game
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote:
Ha. Carone owes him a tank of gas. :fineprint
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
rogers3 wrote:
oldflame wrote:I wonder if the Kracken got "Northwesterned"?
He was at the women's game.
But was he screeching? Apparently he was at the men's game as well, but no screech.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:
cruzan_flame13 wrote:What a game! Although this was not the best game the boys have played, they sure pulled it off. The atmosphere was a sight to see watching on ESPN+. I hope it will remain like that and the boys stay focus. 5-0 in a new conference is great to obtain! UNA is on a warm streak, so this should not be brushed aside.
And they got the win last night on a halfcourt buzzer beater so theyll be flying high heading into the game
UNA is off to a great start as an ASUN member, but if they are smart, they won't be flying too high over a game where they needed a miracle to beat a team that is 4-15. It's easily their least impressive conference win. North Florida beat them by 30 2 weeks ago.
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
oldflame wrote:
rogers3 wrote:
oldflame wrote:I wonder if the Kracken got "Northwesterned"?
He was at the women's game.
But was he screeching? Apparently he was at the men's game as well, but no screech.
His screeches during the women's game came across the airwaves loud and clear.
By PAFlame
I like McCracken and his general support as a superfan, though I am also not at all amused with his antics or anime fandomesque presence at games. The crowd drowned him out and I hope we can continue the great fan support on this awesome season.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Ballcoach was in attendance, but he was dining in the president's sky box with the other VIPs and pulling for Duke on the flat screen. :oldhag
By Class of 20Something
Cider Jim wrote:Ballcoach was in attendance, but he was dining in the president's sky box with the other VIPs and pulling for Duke on the flat screen. :oldhag
Is being an airhead a prereq for the presidents suite or do they just have that in common?
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:Ballcoach was in attendance, but he was dining in the president's sky box with the other VIPs and pulling for Duke on the flat screen. :oldhag
I'm sure the flat screen was better company than the VIPs.
2024 Season Thread

This weekend is a big series on the road against a[…]

https://i.postimg.cc/bJsNVRB7/20240416-152017.jp[…]

New Mexico State

Final home CUSA 3 game series, starts tonight. NM[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

Sounds like you don't watch UVA play that much. I […]