If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Several friends have posted this on Facebook. And LU had nearly 4,000 fans at Saturday's game since we (1) beat UCLA and (2) started our home A-Sun Conference schedule. It looked great seeing the Vines Center nearly half full. If we keep winning and get students/town folks interested, we might pack the Vines Center like we used to in the old days. Even President Falwell was there Saturday, I believe.

http://www.collegeinsider.com/mens-mid-major-top-25.php
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:We only had 3000 people there yesterday. Not trying to poop on your post, but we still have a ways to go fan wise. The team is more than doing their part.
Come on Jon. 3 is almost 4, right?
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:We only had 3000 people there yesterday. Not trying to poop on your post, but we still have a ways to go fan wise. The team is more than doing their part.
Considering the weather and not all students on campus yet, that's actually a pretty good turnout.
By Jonathan Carone
Oh I agree. I even said as much during the game. I just want to make sure we're not exaggerating numbers and thinking we're further along than we are as fans. We've got a bad habit of doing that around here.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
I think, barring what would be a horrible loss to KSU or awful weather, this Saturday's game will be a good barometer for where we are with our fan base. I would say anything less than 4000 would be a major disappointment. Probably should be closer to 5.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Sorry, guys. I should have double checked the numbers. :oops: Math never was my best subject, but I never meant to exaggerate. However, I sat on the student side for the second half with an old church friend, and it was packed over there.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
LU is 45th in NET poll this week.

Disclaimer: this may have been posted prior in another thread that I could have missed. (I don't want for 20Something to get panties in a wad this morning)
Election 2022 and 2024

I bet those are a joy. Texas poltical ads are […]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

I'm not a fan of Cleveland trying to play point[…]

Longwood

Liberty heads east down 460 today for a game at Lo[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

Week #4 Top Performers - Runs - Gatorbait 49 HR[…]