If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
It looked like 150 to 200 on stream but hard to tell. The announcers said a large liberty contingent came because it was atlanta. Not sure but i bet there were maybe 10 that traveled from the burg to watch Luvull kAbull and the squad :roll: Good thing we were playing a dreadful team or we could have taken an L tonight.

So weve now beaten the bottom 4 up pretty good. Competition will pick up but mostly at home the next 5. Lipscomb took njit to the woodshed.
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
Lovell has had his name butchered by opposing broadcasters his entire LU career. This year has been the worst. It was the first time that I have heard kuh-bull.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I'm so glad that the pack-line travels. Play Basketball
Kennesaw State was held to 24% field goal shooting.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I think it was Nick Pierce on Twitter talked about this game being a great example as to why the pack line is so important. Our offense sucked in the first half but the pack line kept us in it until our offense caught fire in the 2nd. It also tries the opposition out.

Great win...

Side note, I'll help fund mccracken it he stop shrieking
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
but certain kinds of defenses are much more effective if done correctly and I would argue that the packline defense is one of the most effective.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Ok.

A lot of defense depends on the quality of execution, effort, reaction, and communication. I’m just saying everybdefense can look really good, really bad, or somewhere in between.
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
Nick Pierce was so right in his tweet. I am so impressed with Coach McKay and staff on how this team continues to improve and make a name for themselves.
By Jonathan Carone
thepostman wrote:Side note, I'll help fund mccracken it he stop shrieking
I've got a tank of gas for him right now if he promises to stop the shrieking.

No joke.

I'll Venmo it to him the second he says he's done.
By CCWMichael
JK37 wrote:Ok.

A lot of defense depends on the quality of execution, effort, reaction, and communication. I’m just saying everybdefense can look really good, really bad, or somewhere in between.
Yes game to game can vary for many reasons. I was a big fan of Cheney (SP) at Temple but their D was solid everyone mano a mano. If I am correct the pack line essentially tries to make the paint a no fly zone with pressure on the ball primarily. I like the pack line and it appears we have the skill required to make it work. If I resided in the Burg I guarantee I would love to watch this D live. Point is ... I think this type of D is set up to look really good a majority of the time.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote:Ok.

I'm not arguing that.

I just believe the pack line is, by design, more effective than other defensive strategies when executed correctly.
By Houston05
I am willing to give some details on what makes the pack great.. but the enemy is watching so gotta be in the DM's haha. But simply put its the commitment level to the details. If there is a 2 hour practice 1 hour 45 minutes is on defensive breakdowns, small details like closeout form. This is why the offense has gotten so much better is because now guys are in the defense for a couple years and you have the ability spend more time in practice on offense instead of reteaching the D.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Houston05 wrote: January 17th, 2019, 1:14 pm I am willing to give some details on what makes the pack great.. but the enemy is watching so gotta be in the DM's haha. But simply put its the commitment level to the details. If there is a 2 hour practice 1 hour 45 minutes is on defensive breakdowns, small details like closeout form. This is why the offense has gotten so much better is because now guys are in the defense for a couple years and you have the ability spend more time in practice on offense instead of reteaching the D.
Exactly. The whole reason they ran Blocker-Mover at UVA was the simplicity of it that allowed for greater focus on the D.
Purple Haize liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: March 21st, 2021, 11:27 am
Houston05 wrote: January 17th, 2019, 1:14 pm I am willing to give some details on what makes the pack great.. but the enemy is watching so gotta be in the DM's haha. But simply put its the commitment level to the details. If there is a 2 hour practice 1 hour 45 minutes is on defensive breakdowns, small details like closeout form. This is why the offense has gotten so much better is because now guys are in the defense for a couple years and you have the ability spend more time in practice on offense instead of reteaching the D.
Exactly. The whole reason they ran Blocker-Mover at UVA was the simplicity of it that allowed for greater focus on the D.
Yep. If you’re gonna run a complex defense (or offense) the other side of the court can’t get as much attention. There are skills involved in how you are gonna need to play particular defenses just as there are offenses.
JK37 liked this
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]