If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Ewglenn
If someone would like to post photos that would be awesome cause I’m not good with that stuff lol.

FGCU- Alico Arena 4500 seats
Jacksonville- Swisher Gymnasium 1500 seats
KSU- KSU Convocation Center 4792 seats
Liberty- Vines Center 9547 seats
UNA- Flowers Hall 3900 seats
Lipscomb- Allen Arena 5028 seats
NJIT- Wellness and Events Center 3500 seats
UNF- UNF Arena 5800 seats
Stetson- Edmonds Center 5000 seats
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Just from my experience:

FGCU’s is nice.
I don’t think the Jacksonville men play in Swisher.
Kennesaw is nice
Lipscomb is unusually dark, unless they’ve updated lights.
NJIT is really nice given the tight space. Brand new. Very steeps seats.
Stetson is a dump.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
I thought their men played downtown in Jacksonville somewhere.

Swisher is an absolutely crap hole. Worst one on the list.
By Ewglenn
JK37 wrote:I thought their men played downtown in Jacksonville somewhere.

Swisher is an absolutely crap hole. Worst one on the list.
They played downtown for awhile but they moved back on campus. The did do a modest renovation to the arena. Two large video boards and a store I believe. They also have updated the seating if I remember correctly. It’s really small but it should be decent.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Just saw it on film last night. Behind benches at least is still the same old HS plastic pull-outs. Didn’t have angle to see ends up high for possible video boards, or anything opposite benches.

Wonder if locker rooms are still down stairwell a couple levels below playing floor...
By Lion1983
UNAs Flowers is old, but we are proud of it. Just completed a 2mill renovation to it, lost some seating but gained a VIP area for donors and recruits. 2 nice sized video boards. But its basically your classic 2 level old school gym. If plans go the way they want, Big games will be played at a new arena yet to be built (not by the University) and the rest at Flowers.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Lion1983 wrote:UNAs Flowers is old, but we are proud of it. Just completed a 2mill renovation to it, lost some seating but gained a VIP area for donors and recruits. 2 nice sized video boards. But its basically your classic 2 level old school gym. If plans go the way they want, Big games will be played at a new arena yet to be built (not by the University) and the rest at Flowers.
Thanks for checking in Lion, and congrats on the wins over FGCU and NJIT. Looks like we won't be able to put those 2 games against you guys in the win column just yet. :wink:
By Lion1983
The NJIT game surprised me, but we are definitely better than our record. We played a very hard non conference schedule and I think that is helping right now, not to mention the win have come at home. Maybe by the time we play Liberty and Lipscomb, we can at least be competitive.

Agreed Cruzan. Memphis just got $5 million a […]

New Mexico State

Crazy game, should have won it about an hour and a[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

We went from everyone on the team being 6’7&[…]

2024 Season Thread

This weekend is a big series on the road against a[…]